• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

More player “signing” news.

Tez

Administrator
Forum Staff
Game Player 5
Jun 24, 2013
http://www.colfc.co.uk/news/

The NWCFL striker merry-go-round rotates once more. A decent enough signing. Town will now presumably be on the hunt for a replacement, assuming they haven’t already started.

Big loss for Town & I think Mark Reed is 36 so maybe 70 goals to replace!

Big loss for Town & I think Mark Reed is 36 so maybe 70 goals to replace!

Would imagine the move was anticipated though. Expect news of Town high profile (perhaps?) replacements in the coming weeks I guess. No idea who mind you :D

Hope we went in for him

He would take all our budget. Do you really want a one man team??

We will just have to wait and see with our signings. It's club policy not to release any names until 1/7/2018. (After our first friendly!)

Wayne on twitter earlier. Not necessarily related to Cairns
We’ve taken a decision not to get involved in ‘auctions’ we want a player to join because they see us improving and developing both them and us. Nothing wrong with them taking a much higher offer, they only play so long!

His comment is spot on, as usual.

The next tweet from Wayne is something I think he said last season as well

I think there is a balance tbf and certainly a case to pay the going rate so to speak. But when the first statement you get is ‘such a team have offered me......’ then I’d question if they would be the right character to fit into our dressing room.

Just to follow up on the comment by your manager. I had the opportunity to speak to one of our Directors last night, who told me that Cairns said that he was only interested in moving from Runcorn Town to COLFC, if he didn't do a deal with COLFC he was not moving from Runcorn.

Don't shoot the messenger!

So there doesn't sound like there was an auction and we won the bidding, nobody else was in for him (there was some talk of an Evostick club from Lancashire way maybe making a bid).

He also said that the main reason Camozzi and Connolly left was simply money, the purps never offered Camozzi more money and Connolly actually got offered less than the season before, knowing that we had Cairns in the bag.

Our "player expenses" budget has gone up by £20 a week after losing Brown (a loanee), Camozzi & Connolly and bringing in Lester, Cairns & Holt. I have to say it looks and sounds like good business.

I think Goodie’s comments were about certain players in general, I don’t believe he mentioned Craig Cairns in his tweets.;)
Your budget is your business and i’m sure it reflects the revenue you take in.

As for 1874, i’m sure our Management team are working (or have already worked) on identifying the players we need for the key positions. Our first pre-training session starts tonight and July 2 is still a few weeks away, between now and then I’m sure things will become clearer. :scarf:

Padiham have announced the full back from Linnets - Adam Jones.

Not seen anyone announce they've signed a player from us yet. (famous last words no doubt)

Shelton Payne to Radcliffe Borough according to twitter

Back