• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Missing 1874

Trevor

Legend
Aug 7, 2013
I miss being in contact with games etc. (at the moment maybe not) but I am on the mend and hopefully when the days get drier I will be well enough for the games. I must admit I miss looking forward to going to games but not sure what’s worse, What a horrible start to the year all round Lorna getting sent to hospital with a suspected stroke last week then when she was due to come home I went to visit and maybe pick her up only to fall ill in her Hospital ward with chest pains so I had to go to A&E by blues and twos for 30 seconds. It was a rough and very long night as even though I can’t sleep without medication, I hadn't expected this to happen so even when the pain got bearable they couldn’t help me sleep. Anyway this was now into Tuesday my sons (ball boy at home games) 8th Birthday and his mum and dad both in Hospital, not a good start to his birthday so Lorna and I had one thing on our minds " Try to make it up to him" The doctors came we both got told we could go home YES that’s better 0915 and we can go home and make it up to James. 3 hours later still nothing, they were going to ruin his birthday again, No they weren’t. I went to ward Sister and asked still what I was waiting for, Meds which 9 out of 10 I had at home, I had had no sleep and I was getting tired-er, I got a text from Lorna they had lost her notes... Enough. I told them I had to go and I would come back tomorrow for my antibiotics, then I went and sat outside Lorna's ward. I waited and I got another text saying they wanted her to stay for lunch, I walked in and we spoke to her Sister and agreed the same arrangements. WE were free. After a Red Bull at shop on way out back to Lostock. We just made it to wrap his presents and put up some banners and meet him from school Phew, I was still tired but managed quietly through the afternoon and that but wanted my bed once the kids had gone to bed. I went to sleep with a little pain (no not a kid) I woke up during the night (yes no pain ) and then woke up Wednesday morning I had completely different pain, so had to go to hospital for tablets so thought I would ask if this had anything to do with my last pains. Got to hospital and spoke to doctor, NO, these pains are completely different from other instant. I got admitted after 5 hours in A&E and taken to same two wards as Mon/Tue. The doctor said in all his time he had never seen someone's blood be so different in a day, I had Pneumonia, a chest infection, Inflamed Gall Bladder and that was full of stones. Its Sunday now and after 48 hrs. of Hallucinations and stuff I have still a little chest infection and still gall stones but main pain has gone, I could write pages about stuff in my visit but that's not my purpose but just to let you know that some weeks are worse than others , I got to eat a biscuit today after 80 hours. I hope they let me home to convalesce until my operation but the next couples of days will tell. So when I say I miss the football at 1874 its means I do

Sorry to read about all your problems at the moment. Hope things pick up soon and both you and Lorna can be back drinking in the atmosphere of the Stadia de Barton very soon :scarf:

The things people put themselves through to fill the emptiness of the weeks without a football game!

Seriously, though, hope you are both recovered soon and well enough to cheer on a final push for promotion.

Back