• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Memory Corner Two

Its a tool used by thieves to break into a car by sliding it into the door via the window and unleashing the door lock mechanism.
A policeman did it for me once when I had locked myself out of the car.
Took him about 10 seconds to get it open.

Sorry wrong richard.Here's a clue,you put a knot in it.

When you entered the Regal Cinema what was one of the first thing's you would see?.

I don't remember that line, but as it is topical that must be the answer. I just remember the mural of all the old films. I liked the Regal!

I have been looking at some old information on Northwich.
Which local footballer nickname was Scutsher and who did he play for?
Doe's anyone remember these people and what was their claim to fame? Drummer Boden,Yorky Bill and Mick and Mindy Ashbrook.
I lot of use remember The Fox Inn,but doe's anyone know the name of the pub ajoined to it in the long gone past?.

The first answer is Fred Weedall he played for Witton Albion.
The second answer is they played in either Whalley Road Warrington Road jazz bands.
The answer to the third was the Griffin Inn.

There used to be a Music Hall in Northwich,wHat was it called?.

Was it the Pavilion Theatre that was located opposite the old Regal Cinema ? not sure when it got knocked down 1950s ? I think a leading member of 1874
grandfather was the leader of the resident pit band that accompanied the acts,Can this be confirmed ?

I as a child, remember a Fred Weedall who used to live in Oak Street, he was a right miserable old bugger which if he played for Witton would explain things. Is that him?

Back