• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Memory Corner Two

coupled with your brothel creepers.jacket with a velvet collar.bootleg tie. brylcreem for the bonce.optional flick knife. and you were ready for the night out,Happy Days

I believe there are various interpretations of 'DA' from District Attorney to Duck's Ar5e, and others in between. However, Toddy, I believe your question relates to a male (mainly teddy boy) hairstyle of the late 50's / early 60's, where the long'ish sides were brushed back and came together at the back of the head. Hence the Duck's Ar5e connotation.

You are nearly correct Richard,it was not the sides but the back of the head hair shaped like the rear o a duck and held in place by brylcreem.

I remember a group of guys that used to put on the full teddy boy outfit on a Sunday night in Rudheath club in the 1970's. Full hair brushed back and blue suede shoes. They looked really impressive !

I think you are correct Richard,it was an Edward not sure which(not into that lot).

What was a Casey(not sure if that is how it's spelt).

was a Casey the old leather football used at a time when we were lads.Nothing worse than getting smacked with a wet casey ! Try heading one and getting it wrong !!!

Here is a clue the nick name of the male of the species Robin.

is a jack sharp a small fish think it was nickname for stickleback ? seem to remember catching them as lads in the Dane. Could be wrong but did it have spikes on its back hence the name ??

He is a clue,they were very popular in the late 50s and early 60s.

Back