• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Memory Corner Two

Can't believe I got you all with this on.I will give you the answer's to the clues,and i'm sure you will get him.
Clue one.The Lion of Vienna.
Clue two.The famous photo of him splashing through water in a game.
Clue three.That goal in the 1958 cup final.

It cannot be Nat Lofthouse Can’t it, he should have been locked up for that challenge. I can remember crying when the goal was given!

Toddy, I’ll Start it off, I can’t remember, but I know he was involved with local football, so I will Ron Carey.

The manager that day was.Jimmy Murphy.
New Question.
Cricketer.Clue one.He refused to leave.

Quite a few have done that over the years Toddy, starting (at least supposedly, as it was before even your time) with W G Grace

It could be Geoff Boycott against Australia back in c. 1970, or Virat Kohli against England earlier this year; although, as Richard Webb says, there have been many others who have initially 'refused to walk' when given out.

You are correct Mr Webb.
Next.A Comedian.
Clue one.He had a big hit with a song

In that case, knowing your warped sense of humour now, I will go for Charlie Drake as I think his boomerang hit the flying doctor and brought him down.

Wasn’t it great when songs like that could be hits, also records by people like The Shadows. I’m sounding just like my Father.

The Shadows were great. I saw them in Manchester a few years ago (Cliff's farewell tour) and they were as good as ever.

Back