• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

MEMORIES OF NORTHWICH

The answer to the Bears Paw fishing water's is Bunties Pit on Winnington,and the River Dane From the Arch's to the back of Weston's Ironmongers.
There's a Question for you how many Ironmomger's do you remember in Northwich over the year's?.

I used to get my angling permit for Eyers Pit from the ICI Lostock AC which was housed in the Lostock Club where we meet now.
I wondered if that angling club still existed?

I used to go to Westons to get my bait and fishing tackle and I seemed to remember it had a wooden floor and stacks of wooden shelves similar to the set of the "Four Candles" sketch in The Two Ronnies

The answer to the Bears Paw fishing water's is Bunties Pit on Winnington,and the River Dane From the Arch's to the back of Weston's Ironmongers.
There's a Question for you how many Ironmomger's do you remember in Northwich over the year's?.
I seem to recall there was one roughly where Stan James bookies is now but can't recall the name.
GE

I'm sorry to in form you John I think you mean Wilson's.
GE I don't know where Sam James is,so if you tell me I will see if I remember.

John maybe you are right,althought I don't remember Weston's selling fishing tackle they may have done.

There used to be a bookies opposite the Swinging Witch, I think that was a Stan James. Much earlier Mr Wilson's sports shop was next to where that bookies was.

That's right Paul Wilson's was a sport's shop,can't remember the bookies.

Here are the answer's to the two Question's.
I thought one of you Wittoner's would have known this one.The Cock Hotel,used to be Witton's Headquarter's.
St Wilfreds played on the field where Lidl is now.

It was a good sports shop Toddy. An "Aladdins Cave" of a shop, boxes everywhere.

What was the name of the big video shop at the top of town and what was the name of the music shop around the corner from Woolworth's? (80's/90;s era)

Here are the answer's to the two Question's.
I thought one of you Wittoner's would have known this one.The Cock Hotel,used to be Witton's Headquarter's.
St Wilfreds played on the field where Lidl is now.
The Cock O'Witton. Great Pub that was (to us Wittoners anyway)

Paul it was the The Cock Hotel when Witton were there.

It is the same place Paul,not sure when it changed maybe someone else can answer that.

I seem to recall there was one roughly where Stan James bookies is now but can't recall the name.
GE
The Ironmongers used to be where STAN James bookies is now (roughly) which is in the middle of the new roundabout.
GE

Paul
The video shop was Channel 40 and the music shop was Omega I think, they were something to do with the Dead Dead Good record label if I remember correctly.

Back