• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Membership

Blackie

Too much time on my hands
Aug 5, 2013
Whats the difference between a bronze membership and a silver (they both have the same price...usually)?? o_O
AND why isn't there a gold....or is there!! :eek:

Bronze pays an annual amount (£10), silver pays the same amount but monthly.

The advantages of silver - other than the warm glow inside of course - are currently a bit nebulous.

Gold membership will be bestowed upon anyone who can find a suitable parcel of land in Northwich for £9.99 to build a ground on

Blackie.

The Bronze membership is £15/year and the Silver is £15/month and historically when we were the Trust the Silver members were treated to a box at the VS as a way of thanking them for their extra contributions and to financially help NVFC.

Nine months ago the membership decreed that we needed to move on from NVFC but we retained the old categories of membership to finance and support 1874 Northwich FC.

The Board are in the process of asking the co-owners what would entice them to upgrade from Bronze to Silver or even to a proposed new Gold scheme and as it is a co-operative organisation is will be a subject for discussion amongst the owners.

It is the old question "We don't know what we don't know" so over to the owners for their advice, suggestions, offers, and recommendations.

Tony Fallows
Membership Secretary
1874 Northwich FC

Last edited:
Tony, I assume you you mean £10 & not £15

and is there an offer for Bronze membership for 2013 for just £5 at the moment?

Edge.

Sorry you are quite right, I said £15 as my wife and I have family Silver membership and there are half price membership offers on Bronze membership until the end of the membership year.

At the moment we have 237 owners and we are going to push for an additional 13 at the "Bring a mate" day in the hope of making it a round 250.

And there I was, thinking I'd got away with underpaying.

In the absence of boxes to entice silverines, how about committing say £5 of their regular contributions to some putative new ground fund, with a view to them being rewarded in some way once the ground materialises? Not saying a modest new facility will be replete with executive boxes, but it could have the Colin Walker Club Shop or the Jamie Batley Tea Bar or the Jason Tipton Press Box whatever. Or it could have a commemorative plaque listing those silverines whose contributions had kicked off the fund.

Maybe you could have a brick at the ground named after you?

We have one of those knocking around (I hope) from a previous Vics initiative.

Maybe the Board could mull over the possibility of Silver/Gold membership qualifying for a discount on club goods/Season ticket or something along those lines?

A few things - firstly, would it make sense to try and get membership renewal dates in line with the football season, through the use of half yearly / quarterly memberships?

Incentives - could we get our sponsors and other businesses involved as membership partners? Get x% or £Y off your next fitted carpet....

Are there any other clubs out there who have a tiered membership system that works? What do they do? Do we need to reinvent the wheel?

Do we even need a tiered system? Maybe it's time to reevaluate the pricing structure - determine what people would be prepared to pay for a bronze (no frills but be a co-owner) membership; it might be more than £10 per year.

Reactions: Tez
While I have seen in action the concept of "business partners" as described above, I would slightly question the applicability here - they are already involved financially as sponsors. Do we want their "active" involvement in an "ownership" capacity as well? Which is what Trust membership gives. Not rejecting the idea, just raising some deeper quasi-philosophical issues which would need consideration.

As for tiered, I think (a) it is in principle a good thing (b) it could indeed do with an overhaul now that we actually have something tangible to be members/owners of (c) yes, there must be good practice out there amongst other fan-run clubs which we can learn from.

I wasn't suggesting any involvement in an ownership capacity, rather just that sponsors and / or other businesses could offer some sort of deal to members. It wouldn't involve them parting with (further) cash.

It's separate from the sponsorship - this is between individuals and the business. Buy your carpet / tyres / bread / confidential waste recycling from us and you'll get x% discount. Win-win for customer and business. 1874 drives business to the partners, customers get a deal. Many memberships work on this type of model.

Reactions: Tez
Not an easy one to resolve this and the board keeps coming back to it without really finding an ideal solution. In fact it has been a "problem" for a few years now but our marvellous silver member supporters have never complained and much to their credit have simply carried on paying monthly (probably believing that at some stage it would really benefit a football club - and of course it most certainly has!)

More than five years ago we were scratching our heads to come up with something that could entice some members to become gold members but that is still on the back burner so to speak

Hopefully, come our AGM in November we may have some ideas/answers and they will quite probably have come from our supporters.

We had considered looking to sign up local businesses who would give a % discount to silver/ gold members e.g. Curry house(s); other local shops; garages for m.o.t's etc, maybe even 10p off certain nice pies from a local butcher?

Maybe if we do go along this route some supporters could do the ground work?

Back