• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

May elections

Vicki England

Too much time on my hands
1874 Official
Jul 31, 2013
My colleagues at Cheshire West & Chester Council have asked me to spread the word within our Football Club about the need for Counting staff at the forthcoming General Election in May.

The Council needs more people to help count the thousands of votes expected, this year is particularly busy as there is also the Cheshire West Council elections and Parish Councils too! If anyone is interested in helping at the Count Centres in Northwich and Winsford, then please email me ([email protected]). Alternatively you can contact the Council directly on 0300 123 7 028.

People must be 16 or over to help.

Please be aware it will be a long night, but you will be in for quite a dramatic evening when the result is declared – the Council will pay £15 an hour to take into account the long evening. They are anticipating a result at around 4am – people need to be at the count centres at 9.30pm for a briefing, with counting starting when the ballot boxes arrive from polling stations after 10pm.

The two centres they need more people at are the Memorial Court, Northwich and the Lifestyle Centre, Winsford.

Please do get in touch if you are interested in helping.

Back