• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Marine, Saturday 12th March

richard webb

I Live Here
Aug 7, 2013
Info on Marine below. NOTE that they are recommending pre-booking tickets, although a ticket office will be open on the day. if disabled see comments on this also.
As for pubs it looks as if there are plenty to choose from but I am sure someone will make some recommendations.
No dogs other than assistance dogs allowed.

ClubMarine
Game DateSaturday March 12th 2022
Game time3.00pm
Ground addressMarine Travel Arena, College Road, Liverpool, L23 3AS
Home coloursWhite shirts, black shorts and black socks
DirectionsFrom Northwich, 33miles approx. 1 hour. Runcorn, Mersey gateway bridge to M57. At end of motorway continue straight on to A5758. . At roundabout, turn left on A565 (signposted Liverpool, Bootle & Crosby). Remain on this road through Thornton, straight on at 3 sets of traffic lights and at the roundabout remain on the A565, signposted Bootle & Liverpool.
EITHER continue and pass the Nissan agent on left and take left fork, Carnegie Ave. At end turn left into College Road and the ground is about 120m on right hand side before you get to the Edinburgh pub.
OR At the traffic lights in Crosby village, turn left onto the A565 (signposted Bootle & Liverpool). After ½ mile you will pass Merchant Taylors school on your right hand-side, turn right at the traffic lights onto College Road. The ground is half a mile on your left.
Parking facilitiesOn street parking. Parking on College Road is restricted to 2 hours and is patrolled by traffic wardens.
Railway stationBlundellsands and Crosby (10 minutes walk)
Admission Prices£10, Concessions £6, Juniors 12-16 £3, younger juniors free with paying adult. Marine advise to buy tickets in advance of the day. Marine v 1874 Northwich | Northern Premier League | Marine FC Web (ktckts.com) No cash or cards are accepted at the turnstiles, a ticket office facility is available at the ground on matchday.
Programme price£2
Disabled access and toiletsYes. Do you recommend booking for disabled spectators? Yes - needs to be booked by emailing [email protected]
CarersCarers for disabled fans are allowed in free - needs to be booked by emailing [email protected]
Food at groundYes - snack kiosk open from 2pm selling pies, burgers, hot dogs, drinks and snacks.
Drinks at groundBars open from midday with alcohol permitted in the ground in plastic glasses. 1894 Bar and The Arriva Suite at the ground open to all supporters
Local restaurantsA number of restaurants are located in and around College Road.
Are dogs allowedNo dogs except assistance dogs
Local pubsWaterloo and Crosby Camra record the club as selling 1 real ale (Stamps Mighty Mariner 125). The Edinburgh sells 2 including Black Sheep Bitter. The Waterloo & Crosby (liverpoolcamra.org.uk) website lists 26 pubs in the area.
Local places of interestBeaches Beach with Antony Gormley Iron Men statues are a local attraction. , parks, woods and a Carnegie Library.
AcknowledgementsRichard Cross, Marine FC

Reactions: Tez
Just bringing back to top. I am afraid I won't be going but I hope those of you who do will have something to shout about - and that horrible little no 11 does not interfere with Tony at all corners like he did in the league game (leading to their first goal), but was policed by Taylor in the cup match.

Plenty of effort today against one of leagues best teams but didn’t do enough until last 10 mins to trouble the home team. Much better when Reed came on and Jonah pushed forward and then they tested Marines defence.
Still disappointed in the overall tactics and the fact we can’t find a proper left back but did better than I expected.
Another difficult one again next week but I understand we can’t finish in the bottom two.

A decent effort from us today as was the case at Bootle last week. Thought we competed well against a solid Marine side who didn’t particularly impress me today. A scrappy goal won it for them. Rylands and Workington have both been better when we played them.

On another day we could have nicked a draw but we didn’t really do enough in the final third. Don’t recall us really having a decent chance. I wouldn’t have taken Joe Woolley off either as he looked our most threatening player and we lost our pace after that.

Another tough one against Leek next week but some more winnable games coming up where hopefully we can pick up a few points.

Get the Leek game out of the way and maybe a little more scope for cheer as Widnes and Newcastle await.

Reactions: Ben
Get the Leek game out of the way and maybe a little more scope for cheer as Widnes and Newcastle await.
Let’s hope and Market Drayton and Kendal to play also...

A decent effort from us today as was the case at Bootle last week. Thought we competed well against a solid Marine side who didn’t particularly impress me today. A scrappy goal won it for them. Rylands and Workington have both been better when we played them.

On another day we could have nicked a draw but we didn’t really do enough in the final third. Don’t recall us really having a decent chance. I wouldn’t have taken Joe Woolley off either as he looked our most threatening player and we lost our pace after that.

Another tough one against Leek next week but some more winnable games coming up where hopefully we can pick up a few points.
Agreed. As I saw it, the "scrappy goal" came after a foul and a head injury in midfield to Jack Irlam with the ref ignoring it all and giving the ball back to Marine a distance up the field.

Agreed. As I saw it, the "scrappy goal" came after a foul and a head injury in midfield to Jack Irlam with the ref ignoring it all and giving the ball back to Marine a distance up the field.
Having just watched the footage it seemed a similar goal to their first in the league game at Townfield. A ball into the box, punched by Tony under pressure & returned into the net.

At least we gave it a go, just lacking a little quality, wasn't overly impressed with them and find them very arrogant similar to their visit to townfield, more and more teams have loads of kids in attendance but worryingly we don't for some reason.
Hopefully show more of the same effort against leek next week, great home attendance yesterday but shows how poor their away following was.
See you all next week.

Having just watched the footage it seemed a similar goal to their first in the league game at Townfield. A ball into the box, punched by Tony under pressure & returned into the net.
Clearly two fouls that the ref missed and ended up awarding the drop ball instead of a free kick to us, which in turn resulted in the goal. The punch looked effective enough, but the Marine loses his marker (MacKenzie?) and thuscable to get his shot off.??‍♂️

Clearly two fouls that the ref missed and ended up awarding the drop ball instead of a free kick to us, which in turn resulted in the goal. The punch looked effective enough, but the Marine loses his marker (MacKenzie?) and thuscable to get his shot off.??‍♂️
Clearly the ref was going for an "assist" as one of our observant fans informed him after the match!

Reactions: Tez
Back