• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Marine FA Trophy

Andy

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jul 28, 2013
Couldn’t make it today, but sounded an excellent performance following the updates on Twitter.

Hopefully a good confidence boost for the team.

Well, that's a bit of a bugger.

First 20 we created good chances & worked the keeper more than I've seen all season,
Throughout the game the whole team worked their socks off & I thought Sam Hare was outstanding.
Our final ball wasn't always great though & I thought there was a lack of confidence at times in the final third.

And all this despite losing Lee Knight before kick-off & Paul Turner limping off in the first half.
That level of commitment needs to be the minimum for the rest of the season & we'll be fine.

Here's Wayne.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Totally agree we deserved the win today, much better than last week and really disappointed they got through on pens, ref was weak and didn't help but playing like that we should be ok, very poor away support but on to Tuesday, hopefully PT is fit as looked lively before the injury.

Their Twitter feed says Sam Hare booked for second time whilst on the bench and showed a red card!?!?

Their Twitter feed says Sam Hare booked for second time whilst on the bench and showed a red card!?!?
I think he got involved in the handbags after Tony went down with a head injury.
I didn't see the card but I think he did get a second yellow.

When there was that fight towards the end where one player from each side was booked, Sam Hare ran onto the field and weighed in. I think in the circumstance the ref was right to book him - he had already been subbed and should not have been on the field.
I thought their goalie was man of the match for keeping them in it - he made quite a few saves in the first 15-20 minutes.
Also a big shout for Taylor who did a good job of protecting Tony from Kengni (? their no 11) who like in the first game was only interested in fouling Tony at every corner. But every player worked their socks off today and it was a good result - although should their goal scorer have still been on the field after he went through Jack O?

I wasn’t able to make it today but I’m pleased to read that we put in a much improved performance and were unlucky to lose on pens against a team challenging near the top of our league.

Should be a confidence booster going into an important league game against CoL on Tuesday. Up the 74!

So unfortunate to lose that today, we were the better side by quite some distance today, Marine only shaded the last 20 minutes.

Great to see the effort and commitment of the lads today, they gave it everything?

A much better effort today more commitment and well organised. We had our chances as did Marine. Don’t agree we were better than Marine I didn’t think there was that much in it. But a definite improvement which gives encouragement for the future. They are a good side who will probably finish in the top 3.
Wasn’t too impressed with the referee who was rather too lenient imo.
Oh and I thought Paul Turner showed promise before his unfortunate injury.

Back