• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Macclesfield’s latest signing.

Tez

Administrator
Forum Staff
Game Player 5
Jun 24, 2013

Pitaluga-Website-Header.png

MARCELO PITALUGA ARRIVES ON A SEASON-LONG LOAN DEAL FROM LIVERPOOL​

Macclesfield FC are thrilled to announce the signing of highly-rated Brazilian goalkeeper Marcelo Pitaluga, who arrives at the Club on a season-long loan from Liverpool.
A Brazilian youth international, Marcelo embarked on his career at Fluminense where his stunning rise through the ranks saw him advance into the Reserve Team at the tender age of 16.
Marcelo quickly began to attract the attention of the world’s most illustrious clubs and after being part of the Brazil squad that claimed the FIFA Under-17 World Cup on home soil, this was magnified even further.
After Liverpool Goalkeeping Coach John Achterburg became mesmerised by Marcelo’s standout performances and undeniable ability, the Brazilian made the move to Anfield in October 2020 for an initial fee of £1m.
This could well rise significantly in the future depending on Marcelo’s progression – yet training alongside the likes of Adrian, Alisson Becker and Caoimhin Kelleher on a daily basis will unquestionably push the 19-year-old towards fulfilling his breathtaking potential.
Marcelo has already made a mark at Anfield, becoming a regular in their Under-23s side and was named on the First Team bench four times during the 2021/22 campaign.
His progress has certainly not gone unnoticed and speaking to the Liverpool FC Official Club Website, Brazilian compatriot Alisson Becker stated –
“Marcelo is really talented. I saw him a few times back in Brazil, but I know more about him here as a goalie and as a person as well.
“He is a really special boy, he is really excited about having the opportunity to play for Liverpool. Now he has settled in and is doing really well in training.
“He is a boy who trains really hard and is really dedicated to what he is doing. And someone who likes to learn as well.
“So it is really good to work together with him, not only for being Brazilian but for being a really good talent and such a good person.”
Director of Football Robbie Savage commented –
“To attract players of Marcelo’s stature really does exemplify how far the Football Club has come – in what remains a very short period of time.
“For Liverpool Football Club to trust us with one of their most promising talents speaks volumes about how we are perceived in the wider footballing world and I would like to thank them wholeheartedly for allowing Marcelo to join us for the 2022/23 campaign.
“It was imperative that we were promoted from the NWCFL Premier Division last season – giving us the ability to bring in loan signings such as this and I am confident that there will be many more as we continue to evolve.
“But make no mistake, we can only bring in players like Marcelo due to the magnificent backing we receive from our incredibly loyal and passionate fans.
“Without them, this deal quite simply would not have happened.”
We are incredibly privileged to welcome Marcelo to the Leasing.com Stadium and wish him every success during his time with us.
In addition, we would like to thank David Woodfine from Liverpool FC, who has been instrumental in us securing this remarkable loan signing.”

?‍♂️?

I wonder if he's training with Macc or Liverpool?

The problem here is not just the Macc signings but the effect it will have on other clubs trying compete in the market place.

I'm sure players that have played at Macc and been discarded, with their agents, will be looking for similar money.

I thought this was non league and expenses! We're way beyond this now.

The problem here is not just the Macc signings but the effect it will have on other clubs trying compete in the market place.

I'm sure players that have played at Macc and been discarded, with their agents, will be looking for similar money.

I thought this was non league and expenses! We're way beyond this now.
To be fair Alan we have been for quite some time. Most conference teams are run on a full time basis and I believe South Shields budget in the NPL was something like 4 times WAFC's. Hence the discussion on other threads that substantial investment is needed into our local teams if we are to sustain football at a decent level in mid-cheshire

Luke Murphy now signed for them, watched him in the championship not that long ago, looking forward to playing them, probably don’t want any of our players to stand out lol

Our players are probably too inexperienced for them!

I see Maccs first two home gates have been around 3100. Not quite the it 4k they were getting last season.

Am I reading this right, there is no plans for segregation for either fixture ? Good luck with that if that’s the case ??‍♂️?

Attachments

• F80AAF8F-ABB2-4916-88EF-71A6101BC98D.jpeg
    F80AAF8F-ABB2-4916-88EF-71A6101BC98D.jpeg
    249.1 KB · Views: 13
CoL v Macc only attracted 641. Perhaps they don't travel in large numbers.

They Only have 200 tickets for their cup game at Didsbury.

I think that was all West were prepared to allocate them.

I see Macc have signed Kane Drummond from Rylands.

Oh what surprise! He was on contract so they would have to pay for him. Probably undisclosed fee!!

I saw £15k mentioned but no idea how accurate that figure is.
It'll be interesting to see where they play him as Neil Kengni was in his position

Latest through the revolving door is Neil Danns, but only as be Interim Head Coach

Back