• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Macc FC

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
It's interesting to see they've been placed in Step 5 while AFC Bury had to start in Step 6

I can see no logic in it. Whether they are new or old I thought they had reformed in the same way as Bury. Taking a slightly sceptical view perhaps it is so Macc can get into NPL this season and Bury next with only one up again? Is this the FA decision or NWCFL? It looks more like FA to me.

How many clubs to be promoted from each npl league and from the North West Counties next season, will there also be playoffs now? Haven't seen this mentioned yet

I have no idea!
Three Step 4 leagues under the NPL prem but 3 up or 6 up doesn't sound right.

I assume the Counties will be back to only one up now, but that's my best guess

There was a vague suggestion that there might be a runner up/relegation play-off. Whether that would involve the Step 5 runner up (or more clubs possibly) along with second or third from bottom at Step 4, anybody’s guess ??‍♂️

Champions up.
Playoffs & then the 3 play off winners form a mini-league with the winners going up?

Champions up.
Playoffs & then the 3 play off winners form a mini-league with the winners going up?
Sounds suitably complex and convoluted, the theory definitely could have legs??

Don't you feel for Congleton? They've been shafted to the Midlands to accommodate Macc in the NWCL Premier.

Not fair really, but appeal is pointless.

Don't you feel for Congleton? They've been shafted to the Midlands to accommodate Macc in the NWCL Premier.

NWC is one of the strongest leagues at this step. Might not be too bad for them in the grand scheme of things?

Reactions: Tez
NWC is one of the strongest leagues at this step. Might not be too bad for them in the grand scheme of things?
Looking at the clubs in the ML I’d say both Congleton and Hanley have a realistic shout at promotion. Maybe both could get lucky, depending on how the promotion/relegation play-off scenario pans out ??‍♂️

I can see no logic in it. Whether they are new or old I thought they had reformed in the same way as Bury. Taking a slightly sceptical view perhaps it is so Macc can get into NPL this season and Bury next with only one up again? Is this the FA decision or NWCFL? It looks more like FA to me.
I’m not saying that the decision to put Macc in the Prem was right, but there is precedent here as the ‘new’ Hereford FC were placed into Step 5 (Midland Premier). What puzzles me is why Bury weren’t treated the same way...?

I do feel for them Alan as they’ll also miss out on a big pay day by not playing Macc.

If you remember a few years ago that Chester were placed at step 5 and appealed and were moved to step 4. Probably down to their fan base.

Perhaps it's just bad timing - there are spaces in step 5 that weren't there 12 months ago.

If a phoenix club is formed on the back of the original FC going out of business, then they can be placed directly into Step 5. Depends on a number of factors I think but in Macc's case, given the issues with the old Macc Town and their potential support and fantastic facilities then the FA have taken that decision. In the new Bury's case, their old club is still in existence (albeit in name only) so they wouldn't be placed higher. FCUM, like 74, was formed from scratch hence being placed in Step 6 first. Could have been placed in the Cheshire League in our case but clever people persuaded the FA that we would be good members of the NWCFL. How right they were!

If a phoenix club is formed on the back of the original FC going out of business, then they can be placed directly into Step 5. Depends on a number of factors I think but in Macc's case, given the issues with the old Macc Town and their potential support and fantastic facilities then the FA have taken that decision. In the new Bury's case, their old club is still in existence (albeit in name only) so they wouldn't be placed higher. FCUM, like 74, was formed from scratch hence being placed in Step 6 first. Could have been placed in the Cheshire League in our case but clever people persuaded the FA that we would be good members of the NWCFL. How right they were!
Thanks for the compliment Vicki, but we were also fortunate in that there were spaces in the NWCFL Div 1 so we & Widnes (who were also a new club) were able to join. Hanley also joined that season, but they were already playing at Step 7.

The big thing in our favour when we went to be interviewed by the FA at St George’s Park was that both the Cheshire FA and - more particularly - the NWCFL Management Committee gave our application their 100% backing ??

Back