• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Lockdowns

Agree. What worries me more is the prevalence of disinformation circulating about the vaccine. Just come out of a virtual meeting with local NHS & public health officials where someone in the meeting actually tried to convince the rest of us that the vaccine was designed to modify our DNA so should be avoided. All based on things like "I've seen this video where they say ..."

Agree. What worries me more is the prevalence of disinformation circulating about the vaccine. Just come out of a virtual meeting with local NHS & public health officials where someone in the meeting actually tried to convince the rest of us that the vaccine was designed to modify our DNA so should be avoided. All based on things like "I've seen this video where they say ..."
Pillocks like that who choose not to have the vaccine will get the alternative then. They'll die.

Deliberate misinformation or misunderstanding about what an mRNA vaccine actually does? Either way it’s not particularly helpful .

More effort needs to go in to ensuring people that vaccine is safe however.

For example the linked story below about the Polio vaccine often is brought up. Maybe more effort is needed to ensure people the Covid vaccine is safe?

And that had been my argument all along Alan. If we don’t deal with Covid then it will completely overwhelm the health service and then any elective surgery / other treatment will get pushed back even further into the long grass.

And the best way to help reduce the number of cases so not to swamp our hospitals? It is simple. Limit human interaction. So follow the effin rules and stay at home as much as you possibly can.
The Merseyside region was put into Tier 3 in the autumn after cases had spiralled. This resulted in a drop in infection rates and consequently before Christmas the region was placed into Tier 2. As a result, bars and restaurants opened and people mixed more openly.

Ooh. And guess what happened as a result? Cases spiralled and the region is now one of the areas of the U.K. that is suffering from increased hospital admissions. And this before the full effects of the Christmas relaxations have started to hit the statistics.

I fear that we may be in for a very few dark, hard weeks ahead...

Deliberate misinformation or misunderstanding about what an mRNA vaccine actually does? Either way it’s not particularly helpful .

It's more than "not particularly helpful" when such comments come during the course of a meeting called to discuss how best to address mis/disinformation and is said in all seriousness by a long-standing community leader who carries great influence amongst the section of the local minority ethnic population that they represent.

With deaths going over 80,000 if ever there was a moment to accept that staying at home, keeping your distance and avoiding those you really want to be with - it's now !! Stay safe all. You can't have a decent debate on your own, you need at least one Wittoner ;)
And even though you are a wittoner and a bloody Tory, we have quite grown to like you in a somewhat perverse manner....??

I see him more as the forum's Sugar Daddy.
Mmm I always thought a sugar daddy parted with his own cash, rather than releasing someone else's, and more importantly got something in return - so don't know who you have been dishing out your favours to Edge ;)

There is (nor can there be) no evidence yet on the period of time for which the vaccine remains effective. Given that all viruses mutate constantly (as shown by recent events) and that scientists are already investigating possible tweaks needed to the current vaccines to address mutations so far, and given that the flu vaccine is administered annually because it changes to focus on the latest strains, it is highly likely that a covid vaccine is going to become a regular event. It would probably therefore be sensible to take appropriate safeguarding measures.
I don’t accept that. Yes Covid will mutate in the same way as any virus including flu, therefore the vaccine would have to change every year so it remains effective.

However, that shouldn’t mean there’s a need for restrictions. There isn’t with flu where we see 7,000 deaths a year on average and 20,000 in a bad winter.

All you’ll be doing is setting a precedent for there to be restrictions every year and this will never end. People won’t accept that, they’ve been told normality will come by spring/summer this year and that’s what should happen. We need normality, these damaging restrictions can’t go on forever.

We have to accept that Covid has become endemic, we’re not going to get to zero Covid and eradicate the virus, which from your logic seems to indicate that’s what must be achieved. As a society we tolerate thousands of flu deaths a year and a degree of pressure on our NHS all year round. With the Covid vaccine, people will still sadly die but not as many will become ill and therefore the pressure on the NHS becomes manageable and we learn to live with it, which is what we must do.

Good to see Matt Hancock dismissing Whitty’s comments about winter restrictions today.

I think you have to accept that there will be a scientists view and then there is the political reality - not necessarily the same thing or consequence. I wouldn't get too worked up about it. There will be a huge push to minimise restrictions to get the economy moving again on all sides of the house. Lets just focus on staying safe and getting vaccinated

Reactions: Ben
Hi guys,

I just thought I’d share this.

The company of the newspaper I work for have set up a petition calling on the government to allow all pharmacies to be involved in the roll out of the Covid vaccine.

Please feel free to sign it if you agree. Thanks
:)

https://www.change.org/p/uk-government-all-pharmacies-should-to-be-able-to-play-a-part-in-the-uk-s-covid-19-vaccine-programme?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_26819545_en-GB:8&recruiter=640657691&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_petition

One figure which caught my eye today was the number of vaccinations against cases.

320k vaccinations against 40k cases. So eight times as many vaccinations. Huge progress and the vaccine programme seems to be going very well. That 14m target is on track and should be surpassed. Credit when it’s due to the government.

By spring, the aim is then to have all over 50s vaccinated. For me there will be no justification for continued restrictions after that.

Report in the Telegraph claims that the government aims to have all adults in the UK vaccinated by the end of June. Soon to be vaccinating 5m people a week.

I’ve given the government a lot of criticism over their lockdowns, but if they deliver taht absolutely fair play to them

My Mum & Dad had their 1st jabs at Kingsmead this week.
It's really well organised down there.

This might be wrong but I think one of the volunteers said they expect all the Northwich over 80's to have had their first jabs by the end of next week.

Report in the Telegraph claims that the government aims to have all adults in the UK vaccinated by the end of June. Soon to be vaccinating 5m people a week.

I’ve given the government a lot of criticism over their lockdowns, but if they deliver taht absolutely fair play to them
Indeed. Let’s hope that June target can be met.

Reasons to be positive regarding the current situation with cases also. A big drop of 18 per cent in the seven-day average. Tier 4 and lockdown measures are working and maybe we’re seeing signs of the vaccines driving numbers down also.

Back