• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

"Local" journalism

The paper really has gone downhill recently. Don't even have a weekly column from us or the other teams most weeks and this week there is no news in it.

The paper really has gone downhill recently. Don't even have a weekly column from us or the other teams most weeks and this week there is no news in it.
I think that the game plan of Reach - the owners of the NG and many other local titles - is to give little or no support to those that don’t have large print runs or dont attract sufficient on-line adverts or visits (and thereby income generation) so that they wither on the vine. A self-fulfilling prophecy.

It’s clear to me that their main priority is the Warrington edition, not the NG ?

Here in Newton le Willows we have the weekly St Helens Star available to buy at 60p and it’s good value too with five full pages of sport. Having said that I wouldn’t be surprised if it eventually follows the above trend!

i always thought the Northwich Chronicle was the better paper.i buy the Guardian every week to support it but it is going downhill fast.they recently did a feature on the Beatles and managed to get their names wrong,. sloppy journalism all through the paper

I agree and I only buy it to support local journalism as well but bearing in mind there is very little topical local or sports news now that Andy has left them and it is published in Warrington how much longer my support will continue is another matter. I find it a real shame as when I lived "darn sarf" I had a weekly mailed subscription and was always kept abreast of the news in my hometown.

Archie, Since the Original visit in the early 50s, I have returned to Korea as the National Organiser of the Veterans Association 97 times for various reasons along with visits to many of the "! National Associations" comprising the 21 countries of the United Nations who "helped out".
Have 3 passports filled !!!.
Give me a break, Please !!.

Frank

Thought my suggestion was giving you a break, Frank, in that you might possibly be able to renew your acquaintance there with "Air miles Andy" before his likely incarceration in the USA for his involvement in the Epstein Scandal !

Thought my suggestion was giving you a break, Frank, in that you might possibly be able to renew your acquaintance there with "Air miles Andy" before his likely incarceration in the USA for his involvement in the Epstein Scandal !
Morning, Archie,
Found him a pillock of the highest order, he found that to play golf was more important than to have lunch with veterans, some were ex pow of nearly 3 years, Mummy will ensure that he comes to no harm !.

I agree and I only buy it to support local journalism as well but bearing in mind there is very little topical local or sports news now that Andy has left them and it is published in Warrington how much longer my support will continue is another matter. I find it a real shame as when I lived "darn sarf" I had a weekly mailed subscription and was always kept abreast of the news in my hometown.

My mum used to post it out to me every week in Germany/Austria in the 80s!

John was on Radio Northwich as well

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back