• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Leek Town (H)

Jack Owen

Too much time on my hands
Aug 4, 2013
Start of 3 big home games in a row for 74’ tonight. Our first competitive meeting against Leek Town.

All support is very much appreciated!?

Attachments

• B8545C16-FD61-4A6A-9459-58E1BFF9C7F0.png
    B8545C16-FD61-4A6A-9459-58E1BFF9C7F0.png
    503.1 KB · Views: 5
That was lacklustre tonight.

Very slow on the ball, and never first to the second ball.

We lacked spontaneity, all abit predictable.

We know how this team can play, hopefully they can get back to it soon

Definitely going to be a long season and we now need to dig
Two home games to come and I don’t want to think how confidence will be affected, if we don’t get any points from these
With Scotty leaving, we have to try Joe Duckworth up front and see how that goes
Still think we need a couple of new lads in, to freshen things up

Boys are struggling to adapt to a new league . Playing better teams for sure .
I will give them both time. BOTH ? Yes the boys on the pitch and the fans off it cos we haven’t raised a murmur for
a few matches now . Plenty of moans and shakes of heads and oh yes an ironic cheer tonight . Wow, that must have motivated the lads ..... well , at least motivated the Leek lads I suppose
We supported, watched and played on adrenaline at Clitheroe as did the boys against a half decent team that’s now up near the top . We’ve turned out loud and proud all over the country.
The 12 th man ? Yes we can be and proved it many times but we are really needed now , so put the negativity and disappointment to one side and let’s give it a collective effort .
Up the 74

Good points raised above. I agree we need to bring in a couple of additions but we have to keep things in perspective. Clitheroe, Runcorn, Leek and Kidsgrove will all finish top half comfortably. Saturdays opponents Marine will do too as will Workington. The game we need to win is next Tuesday against Newcastle. There are two leagues in the NPL west and we know pretty much the teams we need to finish above… so far we have done well points wise, the table is now shaping up. October is a big month with 3 winnable games against bottom half clubs.

Last nights game was a reminder of the level we are now at. Leek’s no 10 .. Trickett- Smith is a class act, two great finishes and superb on the ball. He was signed by Liverpool for £300k and helped them to the semis of the FA Youth cup. He was on route to the first team under Brendan Rogers but then struggled with injuries and was released by Jurgen Klopp in 2016. He then went to the US for two years playing for Sacramento before returning to play for Leek. Port Vale then signed him and loaned him out to Leek, Curzon A and FC Utd Man. He returned to Leek a few weeks ago.
We won’t be playing against this kind of calibre every week but it will happen at this level. COYG

Can we get a few tall additions as nearly ever team we play outdo us on crosses. The exception to that is Mark Jones as feel he saved us I more unflattering score last night, I know if we get.anymore shorter players we will get Snow White on a free transfer ???

Good points raised above. I agree we need to bring in a couple of additions but we have to keep things in perspective. Clitheroe, Runcorn, Leek and Kidsgrove will all finish top half comfortably. Saturdays opponents Marine will do too as will Workington. The game we need to win is next Tuesday against Newcastle. There are two leagues in the NPL west and we know pretty much the teams we need to finish above… so far we have done well points wise, the table is now shaping up. October is a big month with 3 winnable games against bottom half clubs.

Last nights game was a reminder of the level we are now at. Leek’s no 10 .. Trickett- Smith is a class act, two great finishes and superb on the ball. He was signed by Liverpool for £300k and helped them to the semis of the FA Youth cup. He was on route to the first team under Brendan Rogers but then struggled with injuries and was released by Jurgen Klopp in 2016. He then went to the US for two years playing for Sacramento before returning to play for Leek. Port Vale then signed him and loaned him out to Leek, Curzon A and FC Utd Man. He returned to Leek a few weeks ago.
We won’t be playing against this kind of calibre every week but it will happen at this level. COYG
“There are two leagues in the NPL west and we know pretty much the teams we need to finish above…”

You are spot on Greengage. If we keep on beating the likes of Newcastle, MD, Widnes, Bootle etc and pick up the odd point or three against the bigger sides then we’ll be fine.

Early days yet. Let’s trust Bo and Goody and the lads who have got us here in the first place! And as it says of the front cover of ‘The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy’

Don’t Panic!

Despite their league position, Simmo has Leek down for playoff contenders. Along with Clitheroe, Kidsgrove, Linnets & Saturdays opponents Marine.

The first goal came when we lost the ball on the edge of their box. A rapid break from the impressive 11 & we're one down.
And then conceded at the start of the second half giving us a mountain to climb.

We look static without the full-backs getting forward & seem to be taking an extra touch to be sure. It's clear you don't get that time to take an extra touch at this level. Jakey drops deep looking to get the ball but then the frontman is isolated.

And why have the Riff Raff lost their voices?

Ironic cheer well that what happens when you have 1st shot on target for 2 games we're was this moan when at MDTFC when big T came off line and caught first Cross of the season

People pay their money to get in if they choose to shake their had moan when things aren't going are way that is their choice as long people don't start singling out individual players that were its wrong

As for the 12th man well that dose work both ways the team need to get the fans a lift sometimes as well and seat in the riff raff stand as kill the atmosphere
Boys are struggling to adapt to a new league . Playing better teams for sure .
I will give them both time. BOTH ? Yes the boys on the pitch and the fans off it cos we haven’t raised a murmur for
a few matches now . Plenty of moans and shakes of heads and oh yes an ironic cheer tonight . Wow, that must have motivated the lads ..... well , at least motivated the Leek lads I suppose
We supported, watched and played on adrenaline at Clitheroe as did the boys against a half decent team that’s now up near the top . We’ve turned out loud and proud all over the country.
The 12 th man ? Yes we can be and proved it many times but we are really needed now , so put the negativity and disappointment to one side and let’s give it a collective effort .
Up the 74

And why have the Riff Raff lost their voices?
Seats. There's no space as everyone is on top of each other because of the crappy seats. There won't be an atmosphere until they're removed. I'm looking forwards to the next time it rains heavily so we can all sit on each others knee.

If the club sort out the horrendous seats in our stand then maybe it'll be more enjoyable to go to games and make some noise. All separated by seats, and when it rains, I know a few people who have said they just won't bother going as it will be compact and unpleasant to watch.

Not like these issues haven't already been raised. Also not like the Riff Raff are the only ones capable of opening their mouths and supporting the team.

We weren’t at the races last night and a superior Leek side fully deserved the win. As others have said, Leek along with Kidsgrove and Linnets will be up there at the end of the season.

The most important thing is we beat the teams we need to be and that’s happened so far against Market Drayton and Kendal. Newcastle is definitely a game we need to be looking at winning.

There’s certainly no need to panic just yet. We’re still early on in the season and have 7 points from 6 games in a mid-table position. I do think we need a few new players to come in and give us a bit more of a physical presence. Up top is the most urgent for me now Scotty has gone and we could do with a big target man who knows where the net is.

I’m sure we’ll turn things around soon!

Despite their league position, Simmo has Leek down for playoff contenders. Along with Clitheroe, Kidsgrove, Linnets & Saturdays opponents Marine.

Certainly a tough introduction to the league, probably a tougher run than anyone will have had.

Can't argue with that it reads pretty fair, they were the better team quicker and stronger, just hope Saturday is better.
COYG

Seats. There's no space as everyone is on top of each other because of the crappy seats. There won't be an atmosphere until they're removed. I'm looking forwards to the next time it rains heavily so we can all sit on each others knee.
I can’t be sure, but weren’t the extra seats needed to satisfy the ground grading requirements for Step 4?

I can’t be sure, but weren’t the extra seats needed to satisfy the ground grading requirements for Step 4?

I’d imagine so.

Do I remember rightly that the plan, before Covid, was to extend the cover on that side all the way down similar to had been done to the first half?

Could be a solution to have ample seated abs standing cover?

Back