• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

League Suspension

James Wood

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jun 1, 2017
So, given the (wholly expected) news that the league is suspended, it would be interesting to hear what fans think should be the way forward, particularly given that it looks like the current restrictions will be with us for some time yet.

For instance, do we null and void this season and start afresh next August when hopefully things will be much better Covid-wise

Or do we re-start this season when circumstances permit and maybe even run the 20/21 season into the late summer and then start the 21/22 season in September / October as per this year?

Another solution might be to run a hybrid competition in the spring/ early summer (say splitting each league in half and each team playing the others home and away, with the two section winners playing either a two-legged play-off or a one-off final at a neutral venue to determine the overall champions.

Promotion and relegation spots could be determined in a similar fashion

I would say null & void & try again in August.

In the meantime we could convert the Mid-Cheshire senior cup to a group based comp & play that.

I would say null & void & try again in August.

In the meantime we could convert the Mid-Cheshire senior cup to a group based comp & play that.
I think that yesterday’s announcement by Bozo has put the final nail in the coffin of the 20/21 season. ☹️

Back