• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Koral joins relegated side

We won’t have Mike Koral, Lucas Weir or Sam Hare. Scott only rejoined part way through the year and Russy, for one reason or another, didn’t get as many starts as in previous seasons. I don’t see it as an overly different squad (apologises if i’ve overlooked anyone) to the one that finished the season? No doubting the challenge will be tougher. There are a few clubs enjoying budgets that we’d love to have at our disposal and there are others who having bedded down to NPL life showed end of season form which they will hope to carry over to this year’s campaign. GoBo will though, in their own unique style, generate that team spirit and work ethos which saw us hold our own. Certainly better results (and performances) required at home and yes some early wins on the board would be most welcome and ease the angst.

Finally, Nigel what odds would you give on us drawing Witton in the Extra Preliminary Round of the FA Cup? Written in the stars I reckon? ??
Maybe we NEED a different squad. For periods during last season we weren’t strong enough and this could be an opportunity to shake things up a bit and refresh the squad. Easier said than done, I know!

Reactions: Ben
Very disappointed in this move and not impressed. If MK had moved to a much bigger club or gone to a higher level then he would have had my full support. To move to our biggest rivals at the same level doesn’t say much about loyalty. I think MK could well regret this move …time will tell. On the other hand …good luck to Lucas Weir at Marine, a progressive club with good support and a higher level for him to achieve success. COYG
Are they rivals let alone our biggest ones? First time we’ve been in the same league tbf. We have different objectives for the season. Ours is to avoid second season syndrome and hopefully finish in the same league position or maybe slightly higher. Witton’s on the other hand is perhaps to beat us twice; beyond that they’ve probably little else to aim for ?‍♂️

Are they rivals let alone our biggest ones? First time we’ve been in the same league tbf. We have different objectives for the season. Ours is to avoid second season syndrome and hopefully finish in the same league position or maybe slightly higher. Witton’s on the other hand is perhaps to beat us twice; beyond that they’ve probably little else

Good point. Based on the history, reason of formation and geography I would say we are big rivals. I recall Vics and witton not being in the same league for well over 20 yrs from the late 60,s to early 90’s and well over 20 yrs has past now since a Bristol league derby. Different objectives yes, same league though and for me a big rivalry. COYG

Reactions: Tez
Are they rivals let alone our biggest ones? First time we’ve been in the same league tbf. We have different objectives for the season. Ours is to avoid second season syndrome and hopefully finish in the same league position or maybe slightly higher. Witton’s on the other hand is perhaps to beat us twice; beyond that they’ve probably little else to aim for ?‍♂️
Until the V*cs cease to exist (whenever that might be?) they will always be our main rivals. To the eyes of wittoners 1874 are probably on the same level as Runcorn, macc, winsford etc in terms of rivals.

With regard to league positions next season on paper the Albs should finish higher than 1874. But I think both clubs will finish in the bottom half.

Until the V*cs cease to exist (whenever that might be?) they will always be our main rivals. To the eyes of wittoners 1874 are probably on the same level as Runcorn, macc, winsford etc in terms of rivals.

With regard to league positions next season on paper the Albs should finish higher than 1874. But I think both clubs will finish in the bottom half.

With two Northwich clubs in the same league for one of the few occasions for over the last 50 years, it’s certainly going to be an absorbing season.

And I think that your assessment of both our and Albs respective finishing positions are pretty fair.

I’d certainly settle for your mon in 11th, us in 12th and two victories for ‘74 in the two derby games! ????

Agree with James, a fair and realistic assessment. It’ll be interesting to see how the season pans out for both clubs. Mid-table with nothing to play for would be fine as far as I’m concerned.??

? Has someone ruffled his feathers.View attachment 2308
Afternoon all ! Putting aside the discussions on other threads about the future of football in Mid Cheshire, in the short term we have to get on with the coming season. It was inevitable that following the departure of Carl Macauley that there would be a complete rebuild at WP and that looks like what's happening. Given the meet the manager meeting was an open meeting, Flav's post is a bit over the top to say the least and I posted a such on the WAFC forum. As for Witton this coming season, something had to be done after a pretty dire performance on the pitch last time round (not necessarily Macauley's fault as his hands were tied), and trying to put together players with proven experience at this level was always going to happen. The general feeling is that WAFC will be "competitive" but given Macc's financial clout, it is going to be difficult to get past them as champions, but pretty well everything else is up for grabs - as long as a team has a sustainable budget and can tip more in when the going gets tough. It's invariable true that the top teams have the highest budgets, so when you know that you can have a good idea where the final placings will rest

I see Witton drew with Barnton today.
Their line up & scorer is a mystery though

Someone matching Taylor Kennerleys description played for Witton last night.
Again no clue on their socials what their team was.

Are Wittom trying to merge "unofficially"?
Hmmm ….. maybe this is Knutsfordian’s Master Plan beginning to take fruition??

Seriously though, sorry that Taylor needs to move on, but I’m sure he must have his reasons?‍♂️. A non-contract player to be fair so free to go where he wishes. He moves on (apparently) and so do the club with plenty of trialists and U21’s straining at the leash to show off their talents and commitment.
Shame Taylor doesn’t appear to have got around to any “goodbyes” yet. There’s a club and fan base who have supported him over the years, who perhaps deserve that, at the very least.

I honestly don’t like being mean-spirited about players, but I never rated him and saw a number of games where he looked either disinterested or very short of confidence.

Taylor making a big mistake I think….1874 have supported through the u21’s and into the first team. He grew through the Mid Cheshire youth league and found his club with 74….any sideways move will backfire I reckon. Pity because with further development he may have gone to a higher level. The grass is not greener across town or wherever he has allegedly gone….

Nothing allegedly about it, check out Karl Brooks (club photographer) pics from last night. ?

Reactions: Ben
Taylor making a big mistake I think….1874 have supported through the u21’s and into the first team. He grew through the Mid Cheshire youth league and found his club with 74….any sideways move will backfire I reckon. Pity because with further development he may have gone to a higher level. The grass is not greener across town or wherever he has allegedly gone….

No doubt about it that Taylor did well adapting to and playing in an unaccustomed role. But Mike Koral did the same and his attitude was always spot on - unlike Taylor who’s attitude at times was questionable.

So no tears from me. Good luck to him at 1874 Witton! ???

I honestly don’t like being mean-spirited about players, but I never rated him and saw a number of games where he looked either disinterested or very short of confidence.
I'd be disinterested and short of confidence if I was being forced to play at left back for no obvious reason last season (especially when Russy was available and on the bench on many occasions) ? without knowing the full reasons as to why Taylor has decided to move on it wouldn't surprise me if this was a big part of making his decision which unfortunately for me is down to a poor decision from the managers to put him in a position where he is completely ineffective (we might as well have shoved him in goal!)

The biggest problem for me with Taylor was always his petulance. How many times over the years was he booked for petty things and retaliation? It was a shame because when he wanted to he could be such a good player.
I thought he did a pretty good job at full back last year and in the cup match against Marine did a really good job of protecting Tony from that little s**t no 11 so that he could not push Tony out of the way s he had done for the first game in the league.
I am not sure if I am pleased to see the back of his petulance or sorry to see the end of his quality. I just hope we manage to beat Witton this year!

Back