• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Koral joins relegated side

Well you can't register anyone until 2nd July so it's risky if they're not on contract
Yes it is. So like a lot of other clubs they may need to sit, wait and hope that their offers aren’t going to be outgunned either before July or with seven days notice through the season.?

Jack Tinning confirmed by Witton. They just need Mitch & Greg Hall back now.

Jack Tinning confirmed by Witton. They just need Mitch & Greg Hall back now.
Not the best kept secret was it ? I thought maybe ringmaster Jon would have included that in his one man show last night?

Koral, Jackson, Tinning, Duckworth - others in the mix as well

Pretty much all correct - I should be doing the lotto !
We have a massive job on our hands now rebuilding - I am really worried about us this seaon

Others in the mix. Goodness, does he do all his shopping in one supermarket too?

One player has left who I’d class as a definite starter. Not worried at all. Their little group of mates are all signing for Witton.

Koral, Jacko, Tinning. Pritch will pop up next?

Joe Duckworth is off to Witton too I’ve been told.

All the best to them apart from the two derby games next season?

Did Jack Tinning play much for Rylands last year? I've been trying to find his stats but failed miserably

Koral, Jackson, Tinning, Duckworth - others in the mix as well

Pretty much all correct - I should be doing the lotto !
We have a massive job on our hands now rebuilding - I am really worried about us this seaon

Graham - Lucas wasn’t a regular last season so thus far we’ve really only ‘lost’ Mike Koral as most people knew that Scotty was going to move on, ditto Sam Hare.

And given the relegation of Kendal and Market Drayton plus the arrival
of Macc, Hanley and Witton, we all know that this season will be challenging.

But as we’ve seen before, Bo and Goody have some great contacts and also keep their cards close to their chest re possible new recruits. You just need to see the embarrassing situation that Linnets have found themselves in re announcing ‘signings’ before the registration window actually opens.

So let’s keep the faith eh?

? Has someone ruffled his feathers.A2E811C3-4FEF-420C-8B3B-667A2F3D8CA6.jpeg

I think if we'd signed Jacko & Ducky then we'd be happy.
I'm not sure about Jack Tinning as he's spent the last few years as an understudy.

From a Witton point of view are these the signings to get them promoted, or into the playoffs?
My spy didn't tell me what they're aiming for this season.

On the player departures we’ve seen, I’ve had time to think about this. Of course it’s disappointing to see players depart but ultimately that’s football and players come and go.

The squad we had last season mainly was the team that got us up from the Counties league and this is now a real opportunity for us to get some fresh blood in and build a team possibly more suitable to NPL level.

If there’s anyone we should put our trust in its GoBo. After so many years at the club and with them commanding so much respect from fans, they’ve earnt that trust. If anyone can work with less and a lower budget to many teams in this league it’s them. I’m sure they’ve got some players in mind and an idea of what they want for next season. Let see what happens in July when we can actually properly make announcements.

I think if we'd signed Jacko & Ducky then we'd be happy.
I'm not sure about Jack Tinning as he's spent the last few years as an understudy.

From a Witton point of view are these the signings to get them promoted, or into the playoffs?
My spy didn't tell me what they're aiming for this season don’t think any of the sides in the Division could guarantee promotion. Macclesfield might be the closest to that claim admittedly. Last year Wukkie were being touted as nailed on pretty much and it didn’t happen. The reality (okay I’m guessing here) is Witton don’t have a budget to match the other clubs with justifiable claims on a top five finish. They perhaps won’t fall too short, but will it be close enough to appease the “baying terrace mob”???

We will have a very different squad this year and I’m just hoping we can gel quickly and get a few early wins under our belts and build some confidence

We will have a very different squad this year and I’m just hoping we can gel quickly and get a few early wins under our belts and build some confidence
We won’t have Mike Koral, Lucas Weir or Sam Hare. Scott only rejoined part way through the year and Russy, for one reason or another, didn’t get as many starts as in previous seasons. I don’t see it as an overly different squad (apologises if i’ve overlooked anyone) to the one that finished the season? No doubting the challenge will be tougher. There are a few clubs enjoying budgets that we’d love to have at our disposal and there are others who having bedded down to NPL life showed end of season form which they will hope to carry over to this year’s campaign. GoBo will though, in their own unique style, generate that team spirit and work ethos which saw us hold our own. Certainly better results (and performances) required at home and yes some early wins on the board would be most welcome and ease the angst.

Finally, Nigel what odds would you give on us drawing Witton in the Extra Preliminary Round of the FA Cup? Written in the stars I reckon? ??

We’re short of 2 full backs (russy, koral) at least 3 in midfield (Lucas, Jake, Sam) and a forward (Scotty)
at least 6 new players needed minimum

Reactions: Ben
We’re short of 2 full backs (russy, koral) at least 3 in midfield (Lucas, Jake, Sam) and a forward (Scotty)
at least 6 new players needed minimum

I'd expect all of the above, except maybe Koral, were expected departures so plans will have been in place for a while .

At the meeting in May GoBo said they'd been talking to replacements for Russy & players in other positions.
The likes of Jacob, Issac & Ethan might step up from the U21s as well.

Only a couple of weeks to wait :)

Very disappointed in this move and not impressed. If MK had moved to a much bigger club or gone to a higher level then he would have had my full support. To move to our biggest rivals at the same level doesn’t say much about loyalty. I think MK could well regret this move …time will tell. On the other hand …good luck to Lucas Weir at Marine, a progressive club with good support and a higher level for him to achieve success. COYG

Back