• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Koral joins relegated side

I'd be disinterested and short of confidence if I was being forced to play at left back for no obvious reason last season (especially when Russy was available and on the bench on many occasions) ? without knowing the full reasons as to why Taylor has decided to move on it wouldn't surprise me if this was a big part of making his decision which unfortunately for me is down to a poor decision from the managers to put him in a position where he is completely ineffective (we might as well have shoved him in goal!)
Was he short on confidence or particularly disinterested though? Perhaps if he was, he wouldn’t have been selected every week would he ?‍♂️
Do you think if Witton had merely matched his wages/expenses but given him a free role where he played, that would have swung his decision their way? I don’t think it has anything to do with positional play, but everything to do with the financials.

I honestly don’t like being mean-spirited about players, but I never rated him and saw a number of games where he looked either disinterested or very short of confidence.
My view entirely, no problem with the squad build up to replace him in my opinion, saw some likely lads who could do that in the friendlies.

Nice to see our ex-players being welcomed to Wincham Park

It’s early days and I don’t want to bring a downer on things, but I’ve got to be honest and say it worries me that we seem to have a developing obsession with signing Plastic 64 Fc players and ex players. I make it five at the last count. I get it that Jon has different ideas and a different approach to Carl and Gary, but how are their signings a strength? A couple of Macron Cup medals between them. Thought Jon would of made better use of his contacts in non league to be honest. That said I think we will finish top half of the table and not disgrace ourselves in the darby games.

Nice to see our ex-players being welcomed to Wincham Park

Well the poster clearly ain’t the brightest candle on the ? as he can’t even spell Darby (sic) correctly! ??

And as for the ‘quality’ of the signings that Albion have made so far, the poster not only strikes me as being completely arrogant (after all, how can it possibly be that we actually might have some bloody good players!?), but also utterly blind to the position that, due to their own failings, Albion now find themselves in.

To use an nice analogy, he/she clearly thinks that they ought to be shopping at Waitrose as opposed to Lidl (and no disrespect meant there - they have some top stuff at ridiculously low prices!). The custard de nata is to die for and their cooked meat selection is fab!

Think this post is worse?

Attachments

• 5FFBB743-FBC4-4E30-A03A-4A71B7181965.jpeg
    5FFBB743-FBC4-4E30-A03A-4A71B7181965.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 60
At college I played badminton with a chap called P K Mishra and eventually I asked him what P K stood for.
He replied "You really don't want to know" . Seems he preferred to be called PK than hear British people mangling his name.

Maybe we can do better then that.

I'm confused.
Witton now have two forums.

https://wittonalbion.proboards.com/ is the new one.

Oh, and Taylor is now officially a Witton player.
The official one is too busy ?

Interesting to see Joe Duckworth starting for Winsford tonight.

Interesting to see Joe Duckworth starting for Winsford tonight.
Incredible seeing he is likely as not in Witton’s starting eleven tonight?

Joe's replied on their forum.
Looks like he'll play for Winsford midweeks when witton don't have a game

Former 74 sub Kyle Riley made his debut for Witton today. From the bench.

The Jamie Reed signing has got one of their forums buzzing with excitement

Big lad by all accounts. Lets hope he stays fit. Don’t think he started too many games with the plastics. He could be a useful partner for Duckworth I suppose

I would not normally comment on departing players, but thought a quick word about Jamie was apt.
Jamie has been an excellent player for 1874 during his time with us. This may be his last season and obviously he wants to start games but given the make up of the current squad this could not be guaranteed on a regular basis.
Jamie leaves 1874 with our best wishes and on good terms.
I am sure that our paths will cross again sometime in the future.

I would not normally comment on departing players, but thought a quick word about Jamie was apt.
Jamie has been an excellent player for 1874 during his time with us. This may be his last season and obviously he wants to start games but given the make up of the current squad this could not be guaranteed on a regular basis.
Jamie leaves 1874 with our best wishes and on good terms.
I am sure that our paths will cross again sometime in the future.
Just want to echo Steve's sentiments.

I received a lovely message from Jamie and it's clear he has enjoyed his time with us and thinks the club is brilliant, and also the fans! He enjoyed his coaching role too, albeit it was quite brief. As Steve says, Bow. Goodie and us all have wished him well because he's a good guy and he made a nice impact at 1874. I think Jamie's future in coaching and management will be a successful one.

Just want to echo Steve's sentiments.

I received a lovely message from Jamie and it's clear he has enjoyed his time with us and thinks the club is brilliant, and also the fans! He enjoyed his coaching role too, albeit it was quite brief. As Steve says, Bow. Goodie and us all have wished him well because he's a good guy and he made a nice impact at 1874. I think Jamie's future in coaching and management will be a successful one.
I think JR will make an excellent coach and future manager. You never know…even with 74 one day!

Back