• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Kidsgrove Tuesday night

richard webb

I Live Here
Aug 7, 2013
Information i got from Kidsgrove a few weeks ago. I am not sure why but the prices quoted in the programme today were incorrect but these are as given to me.

ClubKidsgrove Athletic FC
Game DateTuesday 16th August 2022
Game time7:45pm
Ground addressAutonet Insurance Stadium, Hollinwood Road, Kidsgrove,Stoke-on-Trent,ST7 1DQ
Home coloursBlue shirts, Blue shorts, Blue and Black socks
DirectionsFrom Northwich. B5082 through Lach Dennis to A50. Turn right thro Holmes Chapel. Turn right onto A34 SP Stoke. Take 1st left after passing Kidsgrove Royal Mail delivery office into Woodshutts St. At T junction, turn left into Cedar’s Grove, And next tight into Lower Ash Rd. Towards top of hill turn left into Hollinwood rd. Ground is at bottom of road just before old people’s bungalows. Approx 19 miles and 40 minutes.
Parking facilitiesAt ground only for players and officials. One disabled space. Otherwise it is on-street parking – please park considerately as usual.
Railway stationKidsgrove (approx 1 mile)
BusN/A
Admission Prices£10 Adults; £6 concessions, armed forces and NHS; £2 children 12-16: Free children under 12.
Programme price£2
Disabled access and toiletsDisabled toilets and access available, and there is one disabled parking space
CarersCarers for disabled fans allowed in free? Not answered
Food at groundPies, burgers, sausages, chips etc and oat cakes occasionally
Drinks at groundFully licensed bar
Local restaurantsClough hall hotel is owned by the club and has a restaurant (0.5 miles). 3 real ales from Marstons group.
Are dogs allowedYes on lead
Local pubsOther than Clough hall I have found none. Red Bull is the only one close to ground en route I have found, and that is Robinsons and next to the sewage works! The Crown is on Butts Lane (turn right off A50 opposite Woodshutts Rd and is also Marstons group.
AcknowledgementsNeil Dundas KAFC.

Information i got from Kidsgrove a few weeks ago. I am not sure why but the prices quoted in the programme today were incorrect but these are as given to me.

ClubKidsgrove Athletic FC
Game DateTuesday 16th August 2022
Game time7:45pm
Ground addressAutonet Insurance Stadium, Hollinwood Road, Kidsgrove,Stoke-on-Trent,ST7 1DQ
Home coloursBlue shirts, Blue shorts, Blue and Black socks
DirectionsFrom Northwich. B5082 through Lach Dennis to A50. Turn right thro Holmes Chapel. Turn right onto A34 SP Stoke. Take 1st left after passing Kidsgrove Royal Mail delivery office into Woodshutts St. At T junction, turn left into Cedar’s Grove, And next tight into Lower Ash Rd. Towards top of hill turn left into Hollinwood rd. Ground is at bottom of road just before old people’s bungalows. Approx 19 miles and 40 minutes.
Parking facilitiesAt ground only for players and officials. One disabled space. Otherwise it is on-street parking – please park considerately as usual.
Railway stationKidsgrove (approx 1 mile)
BusN/A
Admission Prices£10 Adults; £6 concessions, armed forces and NHS; £2 children 12-16: Free children under 12.
Programme price£2
Disabled access and toiletsDisabled toilets and access available, and there is one disabled parking space
CarersCarers for disabled fans allowed in free? Not answered
Food at groundPies, burgers, sausages, chips etc and oat cakes occasionally
Drinks at groundFully licensed bar
Local restaurantsClough hall hotel is owned by the club and has a restaurant (0.5 miles). 3 real ales from Marstons group.
Are dogs allowedYes on lead
Local pubsOther than Clough hall I have found none. Red Bull is the only one close to ground en route I have found, and that is Robinsons and next to the sewage works! The Crown is on Butts Lane (turn right off A50 opposite Woodshutts Rd and is also Marstons group.
AcknowledgementsNeil Dundas KAFC.
Last season I went to the Bluebell Inn which is only 10 minutes walk from the ground. Had 5 real ales on, also does food.
As I work in Congleton this will be an easy trip to make

Last season I went to the Bluebell Inn which is only 10 minutes walk from the ground. Had 5 real ales on, also does food.
As I work in Congleton this will be an easy trip to make
Thanks Steve. If anyone is interested google maps show it thus
1660476693857.png

Folks

The legend that is Frank Fallows is looking for a lift tomorrow to the game. He's based near the town centre. If anyone can help, can you let me know please? 07975679624

Okay so Kidsgrove had to raise their game 2nd half, but 74 stopped playing - a bit of a head scratcher that. In the end, we got away with a draw, but we should have won the game easily based upon the 1st half performance which was excellent.

Couldn’t make it but sounded an entertaining game.

Witton lost tonight, so we’re above them in the table :)

unplayable first half. Not so much the second.

Got to give some credit to Kidsgrove in the second half, they played a blinder to get back in to the game when they looked absolutely dead and buried going in to the break.

All 3 of our goals were brilliantly crafted and well taken. This young side of ours is still gelling and learning the level and how to play with each other, and if that first half is a preview of what is to come, then Im willing to take second halves like tonight in the meantime.

Up the 74, brilliant following again all??

Very disappointing.
First half - excellent
Second half - dire.
All our first half goals came from some excellent play by Joe Woolley. Goals were well taken and Greens goal was a belter.
Didn’t turn up in second half. Kidsgrove obviously had a rollicking at half time and raised their game. But it should have been obvious that would happen. And they shut Joe Woolley out of the game. We sat far too deep and had no outlet for any clearances which continually ended up back with a Kidsgrove player putting continual pressure on our defence.
I thought we were very naive in the end and were lucky not to have lost.
Don’t know what was said in the half time talk as we seemed clueless second half without a plan.
Only consolation we are unbeaten.

My car had to break down on the way to the game! ?

Sounds like I missed a cracker. Disappointing obviously to draw after being 3-0 up but it’s a point and keeps us unbeaten. We probably would have taken that at the start of the game. Two draws to start the season isn’t bad and we’re above Witton!

Bring on CoL next week :scarf:

Sounds like I missed a cracker. Disappointing obviously to draw after being 3-0 up but it’s a point and keeps us unbeaten. We probably would have taken that at the start of the game. Two draws to start the season isn’t bad and we’re above Witton!

I had a break down in the second half?

Reactions: Ben
I bet you did! It was nerve racking enough following the updates ?

By all accounts a balmy night!
Can’t imagine how much a neutral enjoyed that game. 10/10 entertainment.

Reactions: Ben
6 goal thriller, good game, inconsistent performance, good result but disappointing how we achieved it. Would have settled for a draw before the game. Great away following …we will learn from this. COYG

Wish mine had broken down. I was half way there when i put petrol in my diesel!

Wow, what a first half of attacking football. 3 super goals and Joe Wooley tearing them to shreds. The forwards were interchanging and our midfield were playing balls into them that were excellent, at half time all looked rosy. Having said that Kidsgrove missed 2 really good chances and the balls they were playing over Ollie Broe into the corner was concerning.

Everybody's mood in the crowd at half time was excitement for the second half.

What changed? Certainly Kidsgrove came out more positive and we did seem to create some of our own problems by deciding not to press their defence allowing them to bring the ball out. This gave them the opportunity to launch balls over the top and through on goal which in the end was our downfall. Our midfield disappeared for that 15 minute period and only really recovered when the substitutes came on but it was too late then as we had conceded 3 goals and looked as though we could have conceded more in that period when we looked very frail at the back. I can't remember their goalkeeper making a save second half?

I think all of us would have taken a point at the start, but the excellent first half and the nature of the 15 mins collapse had left every disappointed at the end.

Some mentions: Joe again the stand out performer and Kenzie was involved much more. Fenton Green in the first half was outstanding.

Have a relaxing weekend everyone and if you are going to a game enjoy it without any stress!!

Right, an attempt to make sense of last night.

Kidsgrove's main plan seemed to be hit the ball out wide for their pacy wide men to run on to. Most of the first 60 minutes they just lumped it out for a throw in.

Meanwhile we passed to our wide players & Joe then ripped then apart below delivering the assist.

Second half their 10 dropped deeper & we didn't press him. He pinged it out wide but found the wingers & the crosses caused chaos.
I'm not sure what we did 2nd half, other than fail to keep the ball.

I think we had 6 players 21 & under last night, 4 of them at the back.
And we lacked a bit of nous - take the sting out of the game, waste a bit of time, better game management. Maybe a moose would have helped?

Right, an attempt to make sense of last night.

Kidsgrove's main plan seemed to be hit the ball out wide for their pacy wide men to run on to. Most of the first 60 minutes they just lumped it out for a throw in.

Meanwhile we passed to our wide players & Joe then ripped then apart below delivering the assist.

Second half their 10 dropped deeper & we didn't press him. He pinged it out wide but found the wingers & the crosses caused chaos.
I'm not sure what we did 2nd half, other than fail to keep the ball.

I think we had 6 players 21 & under last night, 4 of them at the back.
And we lacked a bit of nous - take the sting out of the game, waste a bit of time, better game management. Maybe a moose would have helped?
3 goals in 10 min really takes some beating !.

Back