• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Kidsgrove Information - NOTE 2pm kick off

richard webb

I Live Here
Aug 7, 2013
Information on Kidsgrove Athletic is below. I have just confirmed this morning that the kick off is 2pm and NOT 3pm as previously believed and announced on Saturday.

ClubKidsgrove Athletic FC
Game DateSaturday 11th December
Game time2.00 pm
Ground addressAutonet Insurance Stadium, Hollinwood Road, Kidsgrove,Stoke-on-Trent,ST7 1DQ
Home coloursBlue shirts, White shorts, Blue and white hooped socks
DirectionsFrom Northwich. B5082 through Lach Dennis to A50. Turn right thro Holmes Chapel. Turn right onto A34 SP Stoke. Take 1st left after passing Kidsgrove Royal Mail delivery office into Woodshutts St. At T junction, turn left into Cedar’s Grove, And next tight into Lower Ash Rd. Towards top of hill turn left into Hollinwood rd. Ground is at bottom of road just before old people’s bungalows. Approx 19 miles and 40 minutes.
Parking facilitiesAt ground only for players and officials. One disabled space. Otherwise it is on-street parking – please park considerately as usual.
Railway stationKidsgrove (approx 1 mile)
BusN/A
Admission Prices£8 Adults; £5 concessions, armed forces and NHS; £2 children 12-16: Free children under 12.
Programme price£2
Disabled access and toiletsDisabled toilets and access available, and there is one disabled parking space
CarersCarers for disabled fans allowed in free?
Food at groundPies, burgers, sausages, chips etc and oat cakes occasionally
Drinks at groundFully licensed bar
Local restaurantsClough hall hotel is owned by the club and has a restaurant (0.5 miles). 3 real ales from Marstons group.
Are dogs allowedYes on lead
Local pubsOther than Clough hall I have found none. Red Bull is the only one close to ground en route I have found, and that is Robinsons and next to the sewage works! The Crown is on Butts Lane (turn right off A50 opposite Woodshutts Rd and is also Marstons group.
AcknowledgementsClare Balmer KAFC.

Any pitch inspection planned?

Another come from behind win & up to 9th for a short while.

Reactions: Ben
Thoroughly deserved win was that. No weak links on the day. Pacey and direct and good to see more shooting on sight rather than trying to walk it in…. Kenzie goal aside. Time stood still as he picked up the rebound 6 yards out then seemingly decided to beat every player on the pitch before stopping on the line, having a cigar and tapping the ball in. That’s how I’ll forever remember it!! Lovely goal by Cal doing what he does best. Jamie Reed was always looking to try something different and was the only member of our forward line who’d have scored that header. Jonah and Lucas just immense. Taylor and Koral always looking to threaten from the back. Kidsgrove won’t have any complaints today.

Thoroughly deserved win today in poor conditions again. Played really well and could have scored more. Lucas and Jonah were excellent and Foulds had a good game too. Still not a fan of having forwards playing as full backs but they did ok today.
O’Neill beginning to look a good signing. Very lively and seems good at being in the right spot in front of goal. Great goal from Callum.
Another nice tidy ground I’ve not been to before and the pitch was excellent as were the Kidsgrove folk.
Very enjoyable - long may it continue.

Another great win on the road. Thought we were excellent today and controlled the game. We easily could have scored a few more goals.

Kenzie had another good game and has been a top signing and Reed looks like he’s the forward we were looking for, a well taken goal from him. Lucas had yet another good game in the midfield and Cal Gardner played well scoring a great goal. Everyone put in a shift.

What a transformation from the start of the season. Kidsgrove beat us comfortably at Townfield and we’ve improved so much since then.

Definitely found our feet in this league, and as Andy said, looking up and six points off the play-offs. We’re doing very well! Well done to the lads and management for adapting as well as they have to life at a higher level.

Last edited:
Two tremendous saves by Tony today are worthy of a mention too.

On balance, Ryan Brown between the Kidsgrove sticks was the difference between ‘74 chalking up a few more goals. Wonderful save to deny a swerving shot by Koral - check out the Vimeo footage ? The only blight on his performance was his abject failure to reveal what he was having for his tea, despite much encouragement and suggestions from members of the Riff Raff ?

• Haha
Reactions: Ben
Another great performance today from the boys and thoroughly deserved. 150 travelling army went home happy again….we really are adapting week by week and a top half finish is now realistic. Talking to two of their players in a great little clubhouse after the game….they said we are the best footballing side they have played this season and they have played every club except Leek. Fabulous to hear that….COYG

Another win on the road

6 points off the play off spots now. Exceeding all expectations so far this season
Such a good point, I would have been happy with anything other than relegation - it’s a massive achievement to be 10th. Well done to the management team and players, but also everyone behind the scenes making the club tick. Must have been a lot of hard work making sure we stepped up a league as seamlessly as we have.

Have to agree with all the above comments. I think relegation or getting embroiled in a relegation struggle was always uppermost in our minds at the start of the season. Gradually we’ve found our feet though and for the first time, yesterday I came away from the game believing that a mid-table finish was going to be achievable ..... or better still ..... ? ....... the pla ...... ??

A win yesterday was never in any doubt in my mind, even when we went a goal behind. We were a pleasure to watch.

Kenzie goal aside. Time stood still as he picked up the rebound 6 yards out then seemingly decided to beat every player on the pitch before stopping on the line, having a cigar and tapping the ball in. That’s how I’ll forever remember it!!
???

I would like to thank the and staff and supporters of Kidsgrove for making me feel very welcome,especialy one very kind young man who worked in the clubhouse who could not do enough to help me.Best of luck to them for the rest of the season.It was great to all my mates at 1874.Toddy

Another great away performance yesterday. The last 20 mins of the first half was just brilliant. From going 1-0 down the response was stunning. The movement of our forwards who were always available for a pass was great.

We got just reward with an audacious finish from Mackenzie and a lovely strike from Callum. The unfortunate thing was that the half time whistle saved Kidsgrove from a thorough beating.

A more controlled second half followed where the only moment they had brought a great save from Big T. The introduction of Jamie Reed was impressive, he really gave their defence some problems, which culminated with a great headed goal.

A few other mentions, Mackenzie was outstanding and I don't know why he went off though? Joe Wooley best game ever! Even better than the Trafford performance. Lucas worked his socks off but he should give the dead balls to someone else sometimes. Koral and Jonah immense and Markell is improving every game.

Next week will be interesting with Sefton Gonzalez up front for Clitheroe so we should know what to expect. But if we play like we did in the second half of the away game at Clitheroe we'll be fine.

Still looking upwards, see everyone next Saturday!

By the way. Just watched the goals. Jonah's reaction to the third was brilliant! There's someone who really cares!

And Mackenzie's was just how I remembered, shoot! Shoot! SHOOT!!! now he's just taking the P............!!!

Back