• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

KENNY JONES

toddyb

Too much time on my hands
Dec 23, 2014
I have heard the sad news Kenny Jones the ex Vics player has passed away,he was one of the finest none league players of his time.

A complete legend of the non league game. A fantastic player and Captain for the Vics and was a loyal servant for nearly 1,000 games.

Very very sad news and I know the thoughts of all those that were Drill Field regulars, will be with his family

Reactions: pdw
That is very sad news. Head and shoulders the most legendary of any of those called legends to wear Northwich green, certainly in my lifetime. Converted himself to a genuinely cultured central defender in the days when others might have been content to boot the ball (or the man) over the Danebank, but still had that steely core when needed.

Thoughts with all family and friends.

The Bobby Moore of non league football.
True legend and hero.
A great, the likes we will never see again for his loyalty and leadership
to one club.

Yes, hard to say how good he was without it sounding like an exaggeration.
The best all round non-league player that I have seen. An amazing presence on the ball and terrific football brain meant he could play any position well.
Many wonderful memories of his thirteen? seasons in a green shirt. Was a shame he didn't get to the 1000 games.

when vics beat rochdale in the fa cup replay at maine road the dale manager asked if kenny had ever played for england, a fitting tribute from a opposition manager, i think that he was the best ever vic's player, he was a cultured player in an age of hard players.

Back