• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Kendal Town info

richard webb

I Live Here
Aug 7, 2013
Unfortunately I got no response from KTFC to my questions so info about disabled access etc is missing. Information on parking is just what I got off google maps For those enjoying a decent pint (of beer or cider) it looks a place full of potential!

Apologise for putting this on early but I am away for a couple of days.

ClubKendal Town
Game DateSaturday 16th April
Game time3.00pm
Ground addressParkside Road Stadium, Parkside Road, Kendal, LA9 7BL,
Home coloursBlack and white striped shirts, black shorts, red socks.
DirectionsFrom Northwich, 86 miles ! hour 35 minutes. M6 to J36. Exit to Kendal A590 (A591). Follow A590 and A591 to Kendal. Take left slip to Kendal South & Town Centre A6. After 1m turn right at traffic lights, SP Westmorland General Hospital, into Romney Road. Cross river Kent and take first exit off roundabout into A65 Lound Road. At K village/Travel lodge turn right into Park Side Road and the ground is on the right hand side.
Parking facilitiesThere is a small car park at the ground. Parkside rd is double yellow lines so on street parking may be available on side streets. There appears to be another small car park beyond the cricket club.
Railway stationKendal (20 minute walk)
Admission Prices
Adult (18+) £9, Concession (65+) £6, 7-17 Years £3
Under 7's Free of charge Accompanied by an Adult.​
Programme price
Disabled access and toiletsNo response
CarersAre carers for disabled fans allowed in free? NO response
Food at groundNo response
Drinks at groundIs it bottled/canned or draught, and if the latter is it on hand pumps? No response
Are dogs allowedFriendly dogs kept on a leash.
Local pubsCamra ( Local Pub Guide - Westmorland CAMRA ) list 40 outlets in Kendal. Their contact (Phil Walker) recommend Factory Tap (tap for Fell brewery and other local beers as well), Netherfield CC (just down the road from the ground) and the New Union (which Phil admitted to owning). The FT opens at noon, NCC at 2pm and the NU at 3pm but Phil will open earlier if we show enough interest. His pub has won a number of accolades including National Cider pub of the year 2019.
Of the other pubs in town, the Barrel House is the tap for Bowness Bay brewery but apparently doesn’t open till 2pm. Gan Yem is also a brewery tap but does not inspire me! Handsome Snuff is the tap for Handsome brewery and appears to sell 3-5 of their own beers and a Bowness beer and opens at noon. All in all it sounds as though Kendal could be a great place for a pub crawl!
Local places of interestKendal Castle, Kendal, Lakeland and Quaker Tapestry Museums, Abbot Hall Art Gallery, Brewery Arts Centre. There also appear to be lots of shops if that is your interest!
AcknowledgementsPhil Walker (Camra), Visit Kendal - We can't wait to show you around. (visit-kendal.co.uk),

My dad needs a lift from Northwich to Kendal on Saturday, I can bring him back to Northwich. Does anyone have a spare seat?

Back