• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Kendal Away 16-4-22

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
A goalless draw in the Lakes.

One for the stats people - what's the longest we've gone without conceding?

Nice little ground and the sausage stew or whatever was tasty. What a disgrace the parking was. I got parked early and tidily. But then everyone else came in and blocked us in. It sounded as though this was quite normal from a comment heard when we went in to try to get them to get cars moved out of the way. Whether it was their players or not it was a shambles and it was about 15 minutes before we could move. Market Drayton had had it all organised when we went there but no thought for others came into anyone's heads at Kendal.
As for the game, well I would recommend the New Union pub, it was good beer with a publican who understood non-league football!

Nice little ground and the sausage stew or whatever was tasty. What a disgrace the parking was. I got parked early and tidily. But then everyone else came in and blocked us in. It sounded as though this was quite normal from a comment heard when we went in to try to get them to get cars moved out of the way. Whether it was their players or not it was a shambles and it was about 15 minutes before we could move. Market Drayton had had it all organised when we went there but no thought for others came into anyone's heads at Kendal.
As for the game, well I would recommend the New Union pub, it was good beer with a publican who understood non-league football!

As for the game, I think that you would have been better served by staying in the New Union and us in the Beerfest at the brewery tap!

Jeesh, that was one awful game. Some might say that neither side deserved a point!

Thinking about it no one played badly but the bounce was uneven. Liked the look of Isaac and the young left back was ok. Sam Hare was a bit indifferent but also had at least 2 awful tackles onto him.

First half came and went without much happening, and with the balmy Spring afternoon weather it had all the feel of an end of season game. Second half saw more goal mouth action. Some good build up play at times but the the final execution was missing. Goal disallowed at the death, whether for a push or hand ball ??‍♂️ but it seemed a bit soft from where I was stood.
As already mentioned, Ryan Hough filled in a left back and did little wrong as far as I could see. Issac Graham looks promising and certain should add to the strength of the midfield. Shame Lee Knight succumbed to another injury, however Joe Woolley was sharp enough as his replacement and certainly troubled the Kendal defence, albeit the outcome of his good work didn’t achieve its reward.
We’d reached the stage of the season where we were safe before we kicked off yesterday and so it was a good opportunity to tinker a little with the line-up, something I know others watching were disappointed with. Okay not the goals and overall performance I was hoping for, but I’m sure there was plenty learned by the Management Duo and better to experiment now in our two remaining games before we wind up the start of the season ??‍♂️
Healthy Away following, which is always nice to see ??

Goal disallowed at the death, whether for a push or hand ball ??‍♂️ but it seemed a bit soft from where I was stood.
Offside by the look of the VEO footage.

Reactions: Tez
One for the stats people - what's the longest we've gone without conceding?
To answer my own question...
653 mins in the league 2nd April 2014 - 9th Aug 2014
618 mins in consecutive games - 16th Sep 2014 - 18th Oct

(I think)
Current run is 505 mins.

Back