• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Kane Hemmings

James Wood

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jun 1, 2017
Watching the Highlights of the Burton v Villa game tonight and noticed that Albion had a Kane Hemmings playing for them. Got me thinking about you know who who hailed from that neck of the woods and it transpires that Kane is indeed the son of Tony! Question for all you though - which side did Vics sign him from?

Raunds Town? or something like that.
There was a season when Vics hardly won at home but won a record number away. The fans at Slough couldn't believe Vics were mid table while they were second, yet were 4-0 up at half time. Think you were there James? Away from home they just gave the ball to Tony Hemming and the rest were playing catch up. Had a great game in the Drinkwise 2nd leg at Wycombe in 93.
Honestly wouldn't swap those days for what we have now though.

Attachments

• Vics win The Drinkwise Trophy at Wycombe 27 th April 93 jpg for email.jpg
    Vics win The Drinkwise Trophy at Wycombe 27 th April 93 jpg for email.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 4
It wasn't Raunds, but something like that :)

I think they knocked Vics out of the FA Cup, Tony missed the start of that season with a fractured skull picking up in a friendly I think.

I remember the Slough game & also the goal on New Years Day Tony set up for John Stringer at Telford when he ran most of length of the pitch.
That was the first, and only?, time I've ever seen a referee clap a goal.

I think they knocked Vics out of the FA Cup, Tony missed the start of that season with a fractured skull picking up in a friendly I think.

I remember the Slough game & also the goal on New Years Day Tony set up for John Stringer at Telford when he ran most of length of the pitch.
It was Rocester. Vics played them in the staffs senior cup and he ripped the defence to shreds time and time again. So impressed was Cliff Roberts that he shelled out £8k to sign him. The rest is history. And that goal at Telford was something else. An 8 yard side foot by Strings that was preceded by a mazy 80 yard sprint by Tony that took him past about 4 or 5 bewildered defenders!
As mad as a box of frogs and not the brightest candle on the Christmas tree, but a really nice guy

I think that Hanks got a brace in the game at Slough. I also recall that you drove Edge and unfortunately for you there happened to be a beer festival at the White Horse at Hedgerley which was one of our regular calling points whenever we were in that neck of the woods! Good days, but as BG says I wouldn’t swap them for what we have now

I remember playing Vics playing on a frozen pitch at Stalybridge over the Christmas holidays and ThH was the only player on the pitch that could stand up.
Won 6 - 0 I think.

I remember playing Vics playing on a frozen pitch at Stalybridge over the Christmas holidays and ThH was the only player on the pitch that could stand up.
Won 6 - 0 I think.
Like a skating rink! Should never have been played and certainly wouldn’t have been nowadays!

I remember the Rochester game. I think we won 3 or 4-1, but remember very clearly me and my dad being blown away by Tony Hemmings. I think he was playing for us two weeks later. One of the most devastating players I saw in a Vics shirt.

Back