• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JUST A IDEA

toddyb

Too much time on my hands
Dec 23, 2014
If the present emergency is not over by the time the new season is due to start,would it not be possible to resume this season when the emergency ends.At least we will get some football to watch,and all the promotion and relegation issue would be solved,and the 2021-22 season could be as the 2020-21 would have been.What do you think?.

Toddy, I have the same basic thoughts. Give the same league games as last year (but change boxing Day/Easter monday around) and use all results up to the time the season starts as for last "null and void" season. That way there is no worry about finishing the season on time (apart from cup games of course) and is almost fair.

Toddy, I have the same basic thoughts. Give the same league games as last year (but change boxing Day/Easter monday around) and use all results up to the time the season starts as for last "null and void" season. That way there is no worry about finishing the season on time (apart from cup games of course) and is almost fair.
Clubs would argue that due to player contracts running out (yes I know we’re talking Step 5) they could be faced with operating a totally different squad, or the lull had cost them dearly financially, so the season wouldn’t bear any resemblance to the one paused/ended.
Not suggesting I’m giving the above points any credence, but you can guarantee they, along with other spurious potted theories would raise their head.

You could argue that as we never reached the transfer deadline day then squads might have had wholesale changes anyway

It would be the same for everyone,and would give club's some revenue,and fans something to look forward to after this terrible time.

Seriously ? Not prayer. The FA have already declared the season null and void and there's not a cat in hells chance they will overturn that decision now. Integrity of the competition and all that. If there was ever a chance of finishing this year's leagues it was now and that option has been consigned to the bin.

Back