• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Joe Duckworth returns to Winsford

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Just announced on the Blues Twitter feed that Joe has re-signed for them.

I'm guessing it wasn't our choice. Joe has a lot of family connections to Winsford so if anything it was a surprise he signed for us in the first place.

Terrible news that but not really a huge shock as I couldn't believe that he wasn't getting more games in the first team considering that he was banging them in for fun for the under 21's

Terrible news that but not really a huge shock as I couldn't believe that he wasn't getting more games in the first team considering that he was banging them in for fun for the under 21's
He was suspended from the 1st team after being sent off playing Sunday League football & getting a 3 game ban that took about 6 weeks to serve.

He was suspended from the 1st team after being sent off playing Sunday League football & getting a 3 game ban that took about 6 weeks to serve.
Didn't realize that

And now Joe is back with us on dual-registration with Winsford

Reactions: pdw
With Winsford in the FA cup before us then which club had the say on Joe playing?

With Winsford in the FA cup before us then which club had the say on Joe playing?
Raises the more general question regarding other fixtures too. Presumably Winsford have first call on Joe’s services or is that not how dual reg works?

I assume the club's agree between themselves.

I found it interesting that Joe came on for us on Wednesday night after playing for Winsford in Tuesday.

That appears to indicate he's more likely to be part of our match squad when our season starts. Maybe?

I assume the club's agree between themselves.

I found it interesting that Joe came on for us on Wednesday night after playing for Winsford in Tuesday.

That appears to indicate he's more likely to be part of our match squad when our season starts. Maybe?
I personally can see him playing more for Winsford with us having Ash as backup for Scotty but could be wrong

I personally can see him playing more for Winsford with us having Ash as backup for Scotty but could be wrong
Winsford’s Twitter feed reporting that he’s signed a 1 year contract with them

Yep, he's no longer with us.

Can see him hopefully being our number 9 in the future when Scotty isn't playing anymore

I think that depends if Maccs interest in him is genuine.
Now he's on contract he'll attract a fee which will please the rest of the Duckworth family.

I think that depends if Maccs interest in him is genuine.
Now he's on contract he'll attract a fee which will please the rest of the Duckworth family.
Cup-tied now, so that surely lessens his value to Macc a bit?

Back