• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JGFC Chain Reaction

A club at this level would only reject 50k if it came at a cost. What did he want in return? What are his intentions?
I think they are long past being bothered about the morals of people involved with the club so why would they reject a guy who might want throw 50k at a lost cause!?
Look for a few new overpaid players to appear and the reappearance of the brown envelope!! o_O.

Last edited:
Pattern emerging here, appoint a manager who offers you something else - Paul Moore, concrete and rumoured to be supplementing the palying budget. Wilkes and his assistant with £50k to potentially 'invest'. What next, someone else later in the season with a plot of land within the Northwich area?!

Last edited:
This is the reason why they will never be a fan owned club, too many financial regulations to stick too. Must admit Im looking foward to viewing their first set of accounts.

Last edited:
So basically they never learn, they employee managers who ‘invest’ in the club so that they never actually have to run a sustainable business. One day there will be no generous management team to bail them out.

MIght I point out at this stage that talk of him wanting to invest 50K in JGFC is mere conjecture? A fan-owned club like them would surely not countenance such a sum with the inevitable strings attached.

As for wanting to escape the NWCFL, there are alternative ways of escaping than upwards.

I can take my tongue from my cheek now ...

But how would they survive? It just isn't financially viable at that level-despite many other clubs, including ourselves, playing at that level.

My prediction is that their form will improve now they have a management team who sound like they ‘support’ the playing budget. But deep down their fans will never be truly happy, they know they are a shell of what they used to be and have a long, hard future ahead.

My prediction is that their form will improve now they have a management team who sound like they ‘support’ the playing budget. But deep down their fans will never be truly happy, they know they are a shell of what they used to be and have a long, hard future ahead.
No evidence that the new management will support the playing budget, why would they?
I don’t believe that the Vics fans who remain regard themselves as a shell of a club - no matter what we might think. Those who are still hanging on in there are happy enough that they still have a game to watch on a Saturday, regardless of anything else.

They should have taken the double relegation rather than struggle in this league.

No, they should have started up as a fresh new accountable and sustainable fan-owned club, if necessary down at CL level, and worked their way up like everyone else. Then they might (a big 'might') have gained a bit of respect and avoided a lot of the scrutiny which they now find themselves subject to.

Northwich Guardian Thursday 28th

Any idea what Wilkes means by "Still in three cup competitions"?

20171004_223718.jpg

Cup competitions they haven't yet kicked a ball in.

We are still in 4 cups by the same logic. Who needs a league? ;)

Well they said they couldnt operate at div 1 level. Or was it just another lie?!

Back