• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JGFC Chain Reaction

I wouldn't bank on it based on what I watched today
Could go on but won't

We were completed outplayed and didn't manage a shot on target during the entire game.

What was most notable though was how much bigger the Mossley team were.

If we start with this team in the NWCL we will be bullied off the park.

I'm all for the young lads working their way through, but in this league, to go places you need some experience and strength in midfield. We still look far too light in the middle of the park and as been said above, think we will get bullied off the pitch unless we can find some late additions. Looking mid table at best at the moment. Just an honest opinion.

Agree with you Blackie.

The midfield on Saturday was M Wooley, Clayton, Parker with a front three of Hind, Whitlock & J.Wooley.

This is too lightweight for the NWCL and we have yet to find anyone to replace the 30 goals Bailey scored last year.

We were missing Dan Meadowcroft, Greg Hall, Mark Jones, Jack Lever and Scott McGowan on Saturday. A player missing from each part of the spine of the team.

They were just better in that first half.

6-1 win v Sutton junction who contained (by the look of the pre match photo), 4 grandads, 3 people off the street, a couple of normal people, and a kid who just finished his homework in time.....well done!

6-1 win v Sutton junction who contained (by the look of the pre match photo), 4 grandads, 3 people off the street, a couple of normal people, and a kid who just finished his homework in time.....well done!

Now now Blackie as M R said take stock maybe after 3 or 4 games into the season then you'll have some idea as to the future.

I wonder if they have handed that Just Giving surplus money over to charity yet?

Not really John. Not much of anything by anyone actually. Even Richie Mottram seems to think it will take a few years for them to recover. Don't hold much by whatever Mr Holland says either as I suspect he is not as much of a fan of their's as he protests. It just don't think they realise what lies ahead or how tough this league is.

Last edited:
Uncomfortable questions, but there is a marked absence of answers because there don't seem to be any JG fans on there. I also notice that they can't even bring themselves to put who they are playing against in their website post about the cup tie.

Back