• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Jake Parker

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
From Jake's Twitter earlier.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Big loss to the club but family always comes first. What a player you have been. One of the best in our history. Thanks for all the memories Jake and always welcome at 74! ?

Jake has signed for Abbey Hey on loan until the end of the season

What I don't understand is why Harry if fit enough to play for West Dids, but not fit enough to play for us? Him on the right and Kenzie replacing Jake at 10 and Jamie upfront would be an interesting combination :scarf:
I guess with Harry being dual-reg then he can choose who to play for.

Taken from 1874 Northwich News No. 496 (Friday 21st January):
Harry is still suggesting to us that he is not ready to come back in just yet, he is working at his fitness etc obviously but also has a lot of personal commitments (along with his expanding social media presence!) so we will keep monitoring that.

If you follow Harry on Instagram / TikTok (coach.cain) then it's easy to see just how much time and effort goes into his coaching and off-field activities. Fully understand why it's currently difficult for him to commit to training at Moss Farm twice a week, let alone being regularly available on match days.

Just spotted this on the NWCFL de-registered list

Player De-Registrations​

ClubPlayer NameDate De-RegisteredReg TypeRole
Abbey HeyJake ParkerSaturday 5th March 2022Short Loan

So technically a squad member again given he is a contracted player? Presumably could go out on loan elsewhere until end of season/contract ?

Loan period at Abbey Hey extended apparently.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Jakey in Div One of the counties next season.
Though you can't register players yet.

Okay so put into context here, Daisy Hill have currently got Jake’s verbal agreement that he will sign registration forms and the club will lodge that registration form when the time comes. They haven’t “signed” him unless he has signed pre-contract or contract forms. Daisy Hill would have been far better keeping ? in my opinion, to avoid other clubs becoming aware of his availability and making him a better offer. Happens all the time and is one of the major reasons why very little player news at ‘74 becomes public until registration forms are able to be lodged with the league.??‍♂️

All that said, the very best of luck to Jake, hope he is able to juggle work, family life successfully allowing him to enjoy some football with Daisy Hill.

I'm aware of Jake's need to be closer to home for work and family reasons (which is obviously very important) but from a football point of view it's an absolute crime imo that a class player like him is playing in division 1 of the north west counties!

I'm aware of Jake's need to be closer to home for work and family reasons (which is obviously very important) but from a football point of view it's an absolute crime imo that a class player like him is playing in division 1 of the north west counties!
His choice though.

Back