• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Irlam game.

Briswa

Legend
Aug 9, 2015
Frustrating watching that game. Played well enough in first half but second we had a lack of fluency. Far too many passes went astray and wrong decisions when in Irlam penalty area. For some reason to me we still look suspect at the back.
Credit to Irlam though. Took their chances really well and defended with gusto. Rather similar to last seasons league game.
Wasn’t sure whether Cain was offside in first half when he scored and as for the last minute equaliser have no idea why it was ruled no goal.
Disappointing day.

Couldn’t make the game but disappointing result. Can’t really comment on the disallowed goal, but surely if you make a decision at such a crucial stage and the consensus is you got it wrong, you double check with your two other officials to see if they saw it?

Enjoyed the first half today and thought we were unlucky to go in level. Again some nice football played, I was very optimistic!

The second half however was left in the dressing room. We were exposed to the counter attack and the lad finished well. But for all the endeavour showed by the lads the quality just disappeared. Too many times an extra touch was taken before shooting and the substitutions just added to the confusion and the shape was no longer there.

As for the decision at the end for a high kick. Well only the ref saw it!!

On to Tuesday, see everyone there! Hopefully

I thought we deserved a draw today but we weren't good enough in the second half, don't often critisize the management but they got it badly wrong imo by taking Aaron and Harry off when we were behind and needed to get back into the game, don't really understand playing Jack irlam at no 10 as he looked out of his depth in that position today imo, unless we can get Jacko, Mitch or Pritch back alongside Jonah asap we're going to keep conceding too many goals as both Lucas Weir and James Ormrod just look too uncomfortable in that position imo

A decent enough first half but we weren’t at the races in the second half.

We do look suspect at the back and having a makeshift back 4 can’t help and then we’re lacking going forward since losing Scotty. Until Woods come on we didn’t even have an out and out striker on the pitch.

Early signs are we’re not as strong as we were last year, especially with the loss of a few key players. Early days though and onto Tuesday now which will hopefully be on! Just good to be watching football again and seeing a few faces for the first time in a while ?!

On another note, great work by the club in bringing in all the measures with the temperature checks, mask wearing (was good not to have to wear it all game) and staggered exit at the end. It felt perfectly safe, so well done all.

Last edited:
Agreed starting with the positives the board got it bang on today off the pitch so hats off.
Second half was shocking and to not be able to make an extra man count against a very limited opposition was worrying, we didn't seem to have a clue how to take advantage.
We also look all over the place at the back and this needs to be addressed.
We won't bring the fans in playing as we did today.
COYG

We looks good going forward, but little concerning at the back.

If I remember rightly, we were beat by Irlam early in the league last year. So if we’re in for a repeat of last season that will do me.

Enjoyed the first half today and thought we were unlucky to go in level. Again some nice football played, I was very optimistic!

The second half however was left in the dressing room. We were exposed to the counter attack and the lad finished well. But for all the endeavour showed by the lads the quality just disappeared. Too many times an extra touch was taken before shooting and the substitutions just added to the confusion and the shape was no longer there.

As for the decision at the end for a high kick. Well only the ref saw it!!

On to Tuesday, see everyone there! Hopefully
Advice about fans travelling to ‘high risk’ areas would suggest otherwise Alan. In addition the Squires Gate game today was called off due to Covid issues. So I wouldn’t build your hopes up

Taken from the Squires gate website...

Due to current COVID-19 regulations in Liverpool, our opponents are unable to travel to Blackpool for the match and therefore means we will not be playing on Saturday. The match will be rearranged in due course and we will keep supporters updated as soon as we have a new date for the fixture.

Our home game against 1874 Northwich on Tuesday evening will be going ahead at this moment in time, but keep an eye on our social medias and the official club website for any further updates.

So sounds so far so good. Anyone know how we go about buying tickets?

Last edited:
Worth pointing out also that Step 3-6 club players can travel into and out of tier 3 areas.

Spectators are advised not to travel into or out of tier 3 areas but the key word is ‘advised’. There is no ban on fans travelling and attending and if an individual wants to take that risk, they are able to.

Under current government guidance there’s no reason why all games at this level can’t go ahead.

Worth pointing out also that Step 3-6 club players can travel into and out of tier 3 areas.

Spectators are advised not to travel into or out of tier 3 areas but the key word is ‘advised’. There is no ban on fans travelling and attending and if an individual wants to take that risk, they are able to.

Under current government guidance there’s no reason why all games at this level can’t go ahead.
Yes Ben, it is only advice. We don’t live in a Police state (yet!). So fans are free to go to away games in the highest risk areas if they want to do so.
But one of the very reasons that the ‘advice’ has been given is to limit mixing of people, particularly from different areas. This is an important element of limiting the further spread of this virus.

So it is an individual decision as you say. I hope that any 74 fan planning to go to Squires Gate or Padiham just takes a moment to consider the pros and cons of attending.

Looking forward to the game, hopefully it’s on.

Any ticket information?

Back