• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Good causes

Have you asked Steve R re club involvement?

Meanwhile I've donated anyway.

More than happy to look at arranging some fundraising for this.
However, whilst this is an excellent cause I am conscious that it is only one amongst hundreds of deserving pleas for help from very worthy groups or individuals. As a club we have always tried to support our community in whatever way we can, but I am extremely conscious that I don't want to be constantly rattling the collection tin in front of our supporters. Our supporters have always been exceedingly generous in support of the clubs nominated charity partners over the years, also with their donations to Mid Cheshire Foodbank but I don't want to overstretch that generosity.
On occasions such as this it might be more acceptable if the club were to play a part by highlighting and publicising causes, whilst encouraging supporters to make their own donations to the causes. They can always mention 1874 as part of their donations.
Please let me know how you as supporters would like to proceed with this, and looking forward do the club continue to nominate an official charity partner for whom we concentrate our energies to help or do we move to a model of supporting a greater range of causes on a more piecemeal basis.
Steve
Community Development member.

Personally think it's good to have a designated charity link-up (and it's good publicity), probably one that changes on an annual basis or whatever.

Back