• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

glyn pardoe

virgil caine

Legend
Jan 31, 2017
sorry to hear of the passing of local lad Glyn Pardoe a top player with Man City spent his whole career with City saw him play many times.with Mid Ches boys and seem to remember seeing him at Wembley with England school boys.His cousin Alan Oakes also a winsford lad and City player had a brief involvement with VICS perhaps club historian T.Barlow has further details seem to remember it was an FA cup game

At Scunthorpe in a 1-2 defeat,his only game on11-12 1982.

How many can remember him playing in the cup semi- final against Liverpool Boys, at The Drill Field. What a crowd there was that day.

wonder if anyone has a team line up on who played that day.was local lad Geoff Barnett involved he went on to keep goal for Arsenal and appeared in a Cup Final.think he had a pub somewhere after he left football ?

Geoff Barnett was definitely in goal. I think Tony Woods, Dennis Arthur and Dave Hough also played, they went on to play many times for Barnton. We are talking 1961/2.

Who played in goal for Mid-Cheshire Boys before Geoff Barnett?.

I can remember going to the Drill Field but I can also remember going to watch them at Anfield. Was this game a 2 leg match because my memory of the details is very distant - can`t even remember how we got there or the score and I was too young to go in the pub before the match.

I went to the game at Anfield on a coach from Winnington School, Liverpool Boys won over the two legs, but I can’t remember the score. I’m sure Keith Haspell scored at The Drill Field for Mid-Cheshire,
But during the current climate I can’t remember what I did last week, never mind 60 years ago.

Unfortunately no, I went to the trials, but John Leadbetter from Weaverham was picked. An excellent keeper.

it was mentioned today that Robert "Soapy" Southerton kept goal for Mid Cheshire Boys anyone got further details, Robs the current Mein Host of the Spinner and Bergamot at Comberbach

Back