• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Glossop North End Saturday

Looking at the film you can see how many divots/bootmarks there are all over the pitch so it is surprising that there was so much good football there. The ground was really soft by the dugouts but I hadn't realised how bad the rest of it was.

Agree pitch was very uneven and grass too long. Made it difficult to control the ball. However I thought we performed admirably and really enjoyed the game. We were best in first half and might have scored another but for Glossop goalkeeper. Glossop were much improved in second half and it was a great strike.
Another excellent performance from Jonah and Ash Woods had a good game. Taylor’s head seemed to drop in the second half and bit surprised he wasn’t replaced by Lee Knight.
Where has Paul Turner gone ? Didn’t know he had left which must admit surprised me as he’s hardly had much of a chance.
Overall happy with the draw

I also would have taken a point at the start of the game and I’m now slightly disappointed with the draw. A point is a point though and I too think we would have maybe lost that game earlier on in the season.

Thought we played well in the first half and should have been more than a goal up. Credit to their keeper though who made some fine saves in a MOTM performance. Second half they improved a lot and got themselves back in it with a great strike. In the end we saw the game out well and got the draw. I’m sure we all would have taken 7 points from 9 out of Prescot, Ramsbottom and Glossop.

A note on the crowd, a great gate of nearly 500 and a large 74 following helped bump that up. Fantastic support as usual. On we go to Trafford next Saturday. Up the 74!

Don't often comment on here, but I want to say that I was really proud of our support on Saturday. I don't know numbers, but there was a heck of a lot from Northwich and that really does help to spur the lads on. See you Saturday!!

Back