• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Glossop North End Saturday

richard webb

I Live Here
Aug 7, 2013
Info on GNE if you didn't see abridged version in the Rammy programme last Saturday
ClubGlossop North End
Game DateSaturday 13th November
Game time3.00pm
Ground addressThe Amdec Forklift Stadium, Surrey St, Glossop, SK13 7AJ
NOTE use SK13 8GG for Satnav
Home coloursBlue shirts, shorts and socks
DirectionsFrom Northwich A556, M56, M60, A57. At bottom of hill turn right at traffic lights for Glossop (still A57). Pass Tescos on left and immediately turn left at traffic lights into Surrey St. Ground is on right hand side.
Parking facilitiesStreet Parking Only
Railway stationGlossop (about ½ mile)
BusShort walk from stops on main road A57
Admission PricesAdults £9, Concessions £5 (inc Students with Valid ID), U16’s £1
Programme price£2.00 (Available from Turnstile upon entry)
Disabled access and toiletsYes (Ramp into clubhouse with disabled W/C)
CarersAllowed in as concessions with disabled.
Food at groundThe ‘Pie Hut’ serves great pies as well as hot and cold food & drink
Drinks at groundBar located within the clubhouse with draught and bottled options
Local restaurantsOceans Fish and Chips on High Street A57, Weatherspoons in town centre
Are dogs allowedYes we’re a dog friendly ground
Local pubsCAMRA (High Peak, Tameside & North East Cheshire CAMRA) list a number of real ale outlets including the football club. James Wood makes the following comments - Star Inn on Howard Street has 6 handpulls, gets good reviews and is midway between the station and ground. The Friendship Inn on Surrey St (Robinsons) has Sports TV and four handpulls. Bar 2 on High St East has 6 beers. The Norfolk Arms in Norfolk Square (Holts) serving 3 of their beers and has Sports TV. The Cask & Kitchen on Henry St is a micropub with 2 beers from local breweries and GNE club sells one local beer.
Local places of interestPlenty of shops in the town centre, Manor Park is nice for scenic walk
AcknowledgementsDan Bates, GNEFC; James Wood

Reactions: Ben
Am I right in thinking that there isn’t an abundance of on-street car parking available? Any alternatives, even for a fee that is a relatively shortish walk to the ground?

It was a night game last time I think & we had no problems parking. We parked on the high side of the ground if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Tez
Good first half and we could have been out of sight, their keeper was brilliant and kept them in the game.

Of course it was a unreal hit by their right back on the volley to snatch a point.

A point away from home is always fine with me?

Thought we were good today and unluckily not to come away with 3 points
Markel going off unsettled us a bit, but we kept plugging away
Taylor is struggling a bit with confidence and again thought Lee Knight would have added something.
Mckenzie was sharp and needs to start to give us more punch and with Paul Turner moving on, we need to fill that gap as soon as we can.
COYG

Agree pitch was very uneven and grass too long. Made it difficult to control the ball. However I thought we performed admirably and really enjoyed the game. We were best in first half and might have scored another but for Glossop goalkeeper. Glossop were much improved in second half and it was a great strike.
Another excellent performance from Jonah and Ash Woods had a good game. Taylor’s head seemed to drop in the second half and bit surprised he wasn’t replaced by Lee Knight.
Where has Paul Turner gone ? Didn’t know he had left which must admit surprised me as he’s hardly had much of a chance.
Overall happy with the draw

Thought we were good today and unluckily not to come away with 3 points
Markel going off unsettled us a bit, but we kept plugging away
Taylor is struggling a bit with confidence and again thought Lee Knight would have added something.
Mckenzie was sharp and needs to start to give us more punch and with Paul Turner moving on, we need to fill that gap as soon as we can.
COYG
I actually thought that Taylor had an excellent first half both in attacking and defensive manner. I’ve been critical of him previously re tracking back and working as hard when we are defending, but credit to him imho this aspect of his game has been far better in recent weeks?.

But like the side in general we didn’t hit the heights on the second 45 as we did the first.

Agree pitch was very uneven and grass too long. Made it difficult to control the ball. However I thought we performed admirably and really enjoyed the game. We were best in first half and might have scored another but for Glossop goalkeeper. Glossop were much improved in second half and it was a great strike.
Another excellent performance from Jonah and Ash Woods had a good game. Taylor’s head seemed to drop in the second half and bit surprised he wasn’t replaced by Lee Knight.
Where has Paul Turner gone ? Didn’t know he had left which must admit surprised me as he’s hardly had much of a chance.
Overall happy with the draw
Travellling by all accounts was the issue with Turner. You’d have thought he’d have realised this before he signed!??

A good point on the road. One we would've maybe lost a month or so back so good to see the improvement & discipline to see games like this out. In regards to Turner's departure/a replacement, Ste Milne (lad who tore us to bits in the FA Cup loss to Rylands last season) has re-joined Lower Breck from Rylands and bagged 2 against Vics today. He'd be perfect for us and the way we play

I would have taken a point today but came away disappointed that we didn't take all three.

First half we dominated other than a great save from Big T. But first 20 mins of the second half we struggled and responded well after their goal. Could have won it with the second half chances but fair play to their goalkeeper who was rightly man of the match.

See most people on Tuesday at the curry night. Or next Saturday.

I also would have taken a point at the start of the game and I’m now slightly disappointed with the draw. A point is a point though and I too think we would have maybe lost that game earlier on in the season.

Thought we played well in the first half and should have been more than a goal up. Credit to their keeper though who made some fine saves in a MOTM performance. Second half they improved a lot and got themselves back in it with a great strike. In the end we saw the game out well and got the draw. I’m sure we all would have taken 7 points from 9 out of Prescot, Ramsbottom and Glossop.

A note on the crowd, a great gate of nearly 500 and a large 74 following helped bump that up. Fantastic support as usual. On we go to Trafford next Saturday. Up the 74!

One of their stewards was saying that our numbers surprised them hence the running out of pies halfway through the game. Young Mackenzie looked like a "live wire" including nearly scoring with his first touch.

One of their stewards was saying that our numbers surprised them hence the running out of pies halfway through the game. Young Mackenzie looked like a "live wire" including nearly scoring with his first touch.
And many of their fans said the same. Pity that we don’t get the reciprocal away following from other clubs in the league

Agree with all the comments above. Really enjoyed the game today, good advert for NPL west and good to see all fans leaving happy. Nice social club too…makes a good trip even better. Our team is improving week by week and we are now establishing ourselves at this level. A massive away following today….Glossops highest gate of the season by almost 200…..around 170 greens helped them achieve that… COYG

All fair points above and maybe we should have wrapped the game up in the 1st half but would have taken a point before the game, shame PT has gone and hope Markell is ok we missed him, great away following lets hope for similar numbers at trafford next week, and hopefully another decent performance will tempt a few back the week after.
COYG

Over all a great point away from home. Bonus also that Kendall, market Drayton and cables all lost again

I am aware of issues with the VEO from the game again. VEO support have been contacted and I await a response.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Steve.

Back