• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Football update from the newsletter

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
This week, the League wrote out to all its clubs with some initial thoughts on the process around the remainder of the season. We are now awaiting correspondence from the Football Association, which we believe will canvass clubs on potential outcomes.

On Monday, the 1874 Football Committee met (virtually) with Paul Bowyer and Wayne Goodison, as it was important that we took on their views along with understanding thoughts from the players. Last night, the Board held its latest monthly meeting, and amongst various issues discussed was how 1874 would respond to the authorities when asked how the season should potentially be ended. Once this has been finalised and we have had the opportunity to feedback to the authorities, we will provide more information to supporters.

Whilst we are all understanding but nevertheless disappointed that we can’t be together at matches and events, plans are still being carried out which will benefit us all in the future. Bow & Goodie have met virtually with the players for a catch up and all appear to be ok. They are being sent training plans, set by Stuart our Conditioning Coach and they are doing what they can to keep active. And whilst we may have halted work at Townfield due to the lockdown, it hasn’t stopped 1874 and Barnton from meeting (Zoom has had an 1874 bashing this week!) to discuss how we can work more closely together in the future, to benefit both clubs and their supporters.

As ever, we will keep you in the loop over the coming weeks.

I see some clubs in other leagues are floating the idea of merging the 19/20 & 20/21 & then doing a PPG.
That way the restructure can continue.

Hard to see it happening with the 19/20 season being officially null & void though

Correct edge if the records have been null and voided how can they be reinstated, i wonder if teams after ppg are near the top this season, the league should have had the exact plans in place before the league kicked off its not as if this terrible virus has just appeared.

Me too Toddy. It will be interesting to see what brilliant decision the FA come up with this year! If they do merge the 2 seasons it will be to our advantage. But here is a question for you - If they do null and void this season again what are they going to do with the outstanding Vase and Trophy matches? They were very keen on keeping them going.

The National League North & South are suspended for a fortnight now.
The main National League continues with no testing for players & bus journeys around the country. How long that can continue I've no idea.

As for us. I've no idea how the FA will fudge it. Probably just null & void and start again in August.

Runcorn Town have explained their vote in the recent survey

Back