• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Flooding

100% agree James it is awful, just hope the businesses can get back on their feet, hopefully when safe to do so the community will support local business and spend some money in town.

I have only been here now for 35 years (well in May I will have been) and have never seen floods like at the bottom end of Weaverham. Like James I feel for the poor families affected. My daughter has been flooded 4 times in 2 houses (burst pipes, run off the hill behind and surcharging of drains) and it is not funny.

Yep absolutely agree - so just cannot understand how planning permission has been granted to build in the Dane Valley off London Road - totally and utterly disgraceful. God help the poor saps who buy those houses !!

Yep absolutely agree - so just cannot understand how planning permission has been granted to build in the Dane Valley off London Road - totally and utterly disgraceful. God help the poor saps who buy those houses !!
The planning application was quite correctly turned down by officers and CWAC councillors and the Environment Agency as a statutory consultee recommended refusal on the terms of flood risk. Yet some
unelected Government Inspector chose to ignore all of these concerns and grant planning consent.

By this time the developers will be long gone having trousered £Ms from developing the site Leaving the EA and CWAC being blamed by the new residents when their homes are flooded.

I do not wish any potential new residents of this development any ill-will, but it will be interesting to see if they will be able to get insurance against flooding and, if so, how much this will cost

The planning application was quite correctly turned down by officers and CWAC councillors and the Environment Agency as a statutory consultee recommended refusal on the terms of flood risk. Yet some
unelected Government Inspector chose to ignore all of these concerns and grant planning consent.

By this time the developers will be long gone having trousered £Ms from developing the site Leaving the EA and CWAC being blamed by the new residents when their homes are flooded.

I do not wish any potential new residents of this development any ill-will, but it will be interesting to see if they will be able to get insurance against flooding and, if so, how much this will cost
Quite agree James. Can CWAC impose requirements for flood defences retrospectively?

There has to be some measure that would allow the Council/Building inspectorate to intervene on the grounds that the development was now unsafe?

There has to be some measure that would allow the Council/Building inspectorate to intervene on the grounds that the development was now unsafe?
But they won’t be unsafe when first constructed and even if they are flooded at a later stage this doesn’t necessarily make them unsafe. There are lots of properties throughout the U.K. that have been flooded several times over the last few years (York is probably the best example) but aren’t deemed as unsafe. And the powers that LAs do have re taking action about unsafe buildings are limited and where they do exist they put the onus - quite correctly - on the owners to resolve these issues. Echoes of the high-rise cladding issues spring to mind....

So here's my mum giving the the royal wave to the camera. The sign behind her is very apt. She's on her last night with us as she is back in her flat in Weaver Court tomorrow morning. My only criticism of the rescue is communication to us. Vicki helped us as they were taken to Brio (Memorial Court) then to the Forest Hills Hotel in Frodsham. This picture was on the front page of the Daily Telegraph!!

The Queen.jpg

Back