• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Guardian FA confirm National League System restructure will go ahead

• Thread starter Northwich Guardian | 1874Northwich
  • Start date
I can think of 2 people who would prefer us to be in the SE part with Histon and Cambridge City! But this does seem to be a reasonable split of teams but it looks a difficult league to play in. The travelling does not look as bad as I was expecting and some old friends and new Midlands grounds to go to.

Think we have a few lads who could make the step up, but yes we do need to strengthen
With extra travelling we also might loose a couple of players ?
Lets hope Bow & Goodie have got their targets lined up and can convince a few to join us
I hope we don’t keep “fishing in the same pool“ for players and work more on building links with other senior clubs to secure lads who might not have made the grade or maybe agree some long term loan of lads from higher up.
We might get a player or two back who left us to move up a league. Scotty, Koral??

GoBo will have gone though this thought process this time last year, i’m sure they have Allan of action.?

If i’m honest though, we had/have cracking set of lads who put their heart and soul to getting the club into this fantastic position, so to some extent I find it a bit disingenuous to talk about the need to change things and strengthen the team, at this juncture.For me i’d give those players, who wanted to give it a go and were prepared to travel that bit further to games, the opportunity. They all bought into the club ethos, let’s continue to buy into them? Just my opinion, for what it’s worth.??‍♂️

Does anyone know how many go up and down out of this new league? A quick glance online suggests we get similar or better crowds than a good chunk of the proposed teams in the new set up , exceptions being teams like Leek,COL,Halesowen etc, which hopefully means with a few additions we can be confident in being competitive at this level.

Hopefully get some away fans to top up the numbers, not many teams have brought many before and like to think home support will increase as well which will help income.
COYG

Back