• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

FA competitions.

toddy.was the ex witton chairman who was involved in a previous ground share with barnton Derek Shirley? and was the team The Coachman from Hartford .that was at one point managed by Terry Murphy

The team deserve all the support they can get.
Vics have to split the money 3 ways so we still get our share, and progression brings big increases in prize money.
So get yourselves down there, get behind the boys, don't spend anything you don't have to and let's put these conning, bullshitting bunch where they belong.....out of the fa cup!!
This one million per cent... :scarf:

Thats correct Virgil.
I don't think it is Toddy.

The Barnton/Coachman agreement was merely a loan of the pitch on Sunday mornings and not a ground share deal (which is what I said in my post). Many of the Coachman players played for Barnton at that time hence the deal. For it to be an official ground share deal the make up of both clubs would have to have been the same or similar ie play on the same days, same league etc.

Paul which of the Coachmen played for Barnton?.
Bit before my time toddy but I know Lee Murphy and Simon Tolfree played for both. Few others went on to play for Witton too (Julian Jackson being one?)

Paul why make statement's you can not substantiate?.Please get your fact's correct before you make statements.

Paul why make statement's you can not substantiate?.Please get your fact's correct before you make statements.
My facts are absolutely correct re Barnton FC not having a ground share deal in their history other than an informal arrangement with the Coachman many years ago. You will find that Barnton and Northwich V*ctoria will have a legally binding ground share arrangement in place like they did with us. Please get your facts correct before putting your usual spin on things and thinking you are right all the time.

Paul you really do talk rubbish.So please produce the fact's to back the above up.

Paul you really do talk rubbish.So please produce the fact's to back the above up.
My fact was - Barnton FC have not had a ground share before
Your "fact" was - Yes they have with the Coachman
It is for you to prove the ground share deal documentation from that time, otherwise I will stick with my view in that I am right. As is often the case when I debate with you. You have some good stats toddy but too much hot air comes with it when you know you are wrong.

Paul one Question for you,if two teams are playing on the same ground what are they doing if not ground sharing?.
Definition of the word share (to have or use or experience something jointly with others).The fact is Coachman played their home games at Barnton ,or are you saying they did not.

paul
on this occasion Toddy is right on the ground share that Barnton entered into .for facts and knowledge on local football Toddy is right up their having played-managed- and officiated with local football..How ever to double check I contacted local historian Paul lavell (who even witton historian WHS (alan lowe) acknowledges is the leading authority on Cheshire football,and put the question "have barnton ever entered into a groundshare he confirmed it was with the coachman from Hartford the landlord was Derek Shirley who later became Wittons chaiman.Paul confirms this ground share was the early 1970,s I am sure Paul Lavell would be pleased to add further info if you contacted him.My own view it was done on a gentlemans agreement and not a legal document.How ever it was a ground share and Mr Barlow is spot on

Back