• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

FA competitions.

Decision made for me... I won't be going as I have a day at the test @ the real Old Trafford..... I will be a twitter follower though!

Does the gate price have to be agreed by both clubs and the FA?

Why would any football fan let their side down by not going to watch them in a huge game, because they have issues with the home team?

How do you think your lads will feel when they run out, first game of the season, new players, new kits, new managers effectively, to look round and see only half of their usual support at a ground 5 miles away from Northwich? And then if they lose they will probably be destroyed by some people on here for not trying hard enough.

I won't be attending, however I am out of the country at the time :D Not sure what decision I might have made if I had been in a position to go however. I can understand those who prefer not to attend out of principle, but I also agree with Ste's point to some extent, in that getting behind the lads in the competition is important.
I think Mark and Blackie have it about right; support the team on the day, pay the admission ( we get a third of the gate after all) but no more. Eat pre-match, drink elsewhere and leave the Golden Goal & 50/50 tickets for another day perhaps?

The team deserve all the support they can get.
Vics have to split the money 3 ways so we still get our share, and progression brings big increases in prize money.
So get yourselves down there, get behind the boys, don't spend anything you don't have to and let's put these conning, bullshitting bunch where they belong.....out of the fa cup!!

The team deserve all the support they can get.
Vics have to split the money 3 ways so we still get our share, and progression brings big increases in prize money.
So get yourselves down there, get behind the boys, don't spend anything you don't have to and let's put these conning, bullshitting bunch where they belong.....out of the fa cup!!

And that is exactly the best way to do it!

Would any bar and tea hut profits not go to Barnton though? I guess that depends on the agreement in place between them and V*cs?

Would any bar and tea hut profits not go to Barnton though? I guess that depends on the agreement in place between them and V*cs?
You'll have to confirm the finer details with Colin the next time he posts (in peace) on the Witton forum, but I think I read a while ago that Vics had a agreed a share of refreshment profits. Can't recall the source, not necessarily an official one. If it does turn out to indeed be the case, it's not the greatest deal negotiated by Barnton, you'd have thought?

You'll have to confirm the finer details with Colin the next time he posts (in peace) on the Witton forum, but I think I read a while ago that Vics had a agreed a share of refreshment profits. Can't recall the source, not necessarily an official one. If it does turn out to indeed be the case, it's not the greatest deal negotiated by Barnton, you'd have thought?
Go back 20/30 years ago Tez and Barnton renting their ground to Northwich Victoria would be unimaginable. Its the only ground share deal in Barnton's history so a Barnton fan might argue its a step forward for them. I know exactly what you mean though!!

I
I think Mark and Blackie have it about right; support the team on the day, pay the admission ( we get a third of the gate after all) but no more. Eat pre-match, drink elsewhere and leave the Golden Goal & 50/50 tickets for another day perhaps?

Barnton CC offer 5 real ales and very nice food. On top of that there will be a bit of cricket to watch as well as supporting a really well run community club!

Go back 20/30 years ago Tez and Barnton renting their ground to Northwich Victoria would be unimaginable. Its the only ground share deal in Barnton's history so a Barnton fan might argue its a step forward for them. I know exactly what you mean though!!
Barnton have made many steps forward in the last decade and I commend them for that. Hopefully the latest one doesn't turn out to be a step back ultimately. ...... Time will tell I guess.

Barnton CC offer 5 real ales and very nice food. On top of that there will be a bit of cricket to watch as well as supporting a really well run community club!
Hmmm ...... you seem to have your pre-match entertainment sorted then James ;):D

£6 admission fee is all that I will be spending on that day. Anything else, football club or cricket club, they can shove up where the sun don't shine!!

Paul Barnton have had a ground share before,it was with a club run by an ex chairman of Witton Albion.Does anyone know the chairman and the club?

Back