• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

FA competitions.

Tez

Administrator
Forum Staff
Game Player 5
Jun 24, 2013
Draw for the extra prelim and preliminary rounds of the FA cup due tomorrow. Anyone know at what stage we enter the Vase this year; I assume we won't figure in the initial draw for this competition just yet, but presumably draw details for Vase also available tomorrow too?

FA vase draw announced (1QR) - Vauxhall Motors away on the 9th September

Barnton vs Penistone Church (?)
those that we don't mention vs Stockport town

Wow. It had to be, didnt it?

Saturday 5th August 2017
Northwich Victoria vs 1874 Northwich
FA Cup...

On the up side, their old players at Stockport Town won't need any motivation to put them out of the Vase at the first step and we can do the same in the FA Cup too.

What I'd like to know is - given that they're essentially a new club (NVFC 2007 is still in administration) - how come 2017 JGFC are allowed in this season's FA competitions and how come they were allowed to start life in NWCFL Prem?

Correct Nicki I think everybody would like to know that, Doesn't seem right.

What I'd like to know is - given that they're essentially a new club (NVFC 2007 is still in administration) - how come 2017 JGFC are allowed in this season's FA competitions and how come they were allowed to start life in NWCFL Prem?

Because due to the vagaries of the laws in this respect they are technically not a new club but have purchased the existing club name and registrations from NVFC07 (the intangible assets). Do keep up! ;)

Well that makes them a new club in my eyes. Just as well I don't write the laws!

If NVFC07 still exists then 2017 JGFC are as much Northwich Victoria as they are Manchester United and they aren't Manchester United.

I like that shorthand. Maybe they'll be the shirt sponsor?

What I'd like to know is - given that they're essentially a new club (NVFC 2007 is still in administration)

They're not regarded as a new club by the FA. They have done exactly the same as last time when 2007 bought the club out of 2004.

Back