• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

FA Centre of Excellence in Northwich

The comments on the Guardian website suggest that this new stadium will be built opposite the new crematorium just off the A556 between Davenham and Rudheath.

We have got to be all over this. You would hope as a council funded project that any rental fees etc would be reasonable and obviously good from their perspective that it would be beneficial to the community to have us in there. I’m sure Vics willchave their hopes up too. If we could get into this and get a good youth transition structure in place then the future would be very exciting!

We have got to be all over this. You would hope as a council funded project that any rental fees etc would be reasonable and obviously good from their perspective that it would be beneficial to the community to have us in there. I’m sure Vics willchave their hopes up too. If we could get into this and get a good youth transition structure in place then the future would be very exciting!

Bet the rent will be sky high would much rather wait myself until we find something which we can call our own no matter how long that may take

Highly unlikely that they will grant planning permission locally for a massive development like this and for us then to find a suitable plot AND gain planning permissiin etc IMO. A stadium of that size and locality would be perfect for us if the Cheshire FA can see what’s right and we can get the best deal possible.

I think we have to be very careful with what do and say and how we portray our club in the coming weeks and months.
Let the board do their jobs, put the club forward as what it is: Sustainable, self funding, community engaging, charity supporting, popular, and respected and lets see where we go.
Let our deeds and actions speak for themselves folks.
Exciting times for our town!

Having been away for a few days I thought that it had to be a delayed 1st April item, I now see that this is fact, as Chubs says let us continue in the way that we are which can only be to our benefit if the need arises !.

Agree with Chubbs, let the Board do their job.

Also the more members the stronger our case too; certainly can’t do us any any harm can it? So, if you’re not already a member, get yourself signed up. At £10 a year for bronze membership, that’s less than the price of one brew a month.;)

74 Committee may be aware of this project but are on the "confidence scenario", it was said some time ago that the remaining land at Moss Fram is scheduled for housing I seem to remember.

This development will almost certainly be on the land adjacent to the A556 (opposite Vale Royal Cemetery) between Gadbrook and Leftwich. Note that the River Dane runs through the site and there are also a few small pools. This quote within the Vision 2020 PR stood out a mile:

Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Communities and Wellbeing at Chester West and Chester Council, Councillor Louise Gittins said: “The proposal will be an amazing new asset for the borough as it will create a significant number of jobs for local people. In addition to this, we will be engaging with education provision and establishments together with our partners to ensure the site can be used to its full capacity. We will actively encourage the use of the facilities for other non-football activities such as fishing, walking, running, educational talks and schemes and nature projects. We want the site to be used extensively for the benefit of the community and the borough, and not just for football.”

I'm a keen angler myself, with an eye for detail! ;)

I've got access to Barbour ABI (leading construction industry database) in work and the project is listed on there, although the latest research call suggests a site has yet to be identified. The next research call is due in early July.

Access to the site could be interesting - a new roundabout on the 556?

Access to the site could be interesting - a new roundabout on the 556?
Yes Edge another roundabout & with the closure of the A556 from Broken X Roundabout to Lostock roundabout for re-alignment to accommodate the waste of money that is HS2 travel from Northwich towards Manchester won't be much fun in the next 10 years.

Regarding your opportunity to move back to Northwich, will the football pitch(es) be 3G/4G?

GE

@G Edge From the CFA site.....
  • 2 3G pitches.
  • 6 High Quality Grass pitches.
I assume CFA will be based there so does that means there's also an site at Moss Farm to investigate?

@G Edge From the CFA site.....
  • 2 3G pitches.
  • 6 High Quality Grass pitches.
I assume CFA will be based there so does that means there's also an site at Moss Farm to investigate?

Did I not read somewhere that it is the intention of CWAC to sell off the remaining land at Moss Farm for Housing !!.

Back