• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

FA Centre of Excellence in Northwich

This is surely going to be your best and possibly only chance of a home in Northwich unless you fully fund a stadium yourselves.

Although it wouldn’t be yours as such, it will be a superb facility to base yourselves from, albeit one that you will have to share.

Cant believe this !
Cheshire West could have bought the VS for less than £1 million and developed it for a fraction of £70m and also had the FA as a key partner.
The money saved could have been spent on grass roots football for men, women & children
Should have been the showcase stadium and centre of excellence for the whole of Cheshire, if anyone with an once of sense was involved and had any vision.
Now lost to a chemical outfit - it really is a shocking disgrace that it was allowed to be built on.

It includes a 3,000 capacity stadium.

Is this something the club are aware of, or have been involved in?

Are the club able to say if they have or plan to approach the FA regarding this?

Hang on a minute Everton ladies may use it but 1874 who need a home probably won't, What a kick in the teeth that might be.

Don't get too excited until we know where it is. That is too big a site to be 'in town'. The FA Centre of Excellence is described as Burton on Trent but is about the same distance from Burton as Winsford is from Northwich.
Interesting though.

Been reported that it is planned to be built alongside the A556 at Hartford, still requires planning permission but I would imagine our lads and lasses are all over this. Fingers crossed.

In theory a facility like this is a great idea but why limit it to just women's football? Especially when you look at what is going to be put there, I get that women's football is evolving but surely they wouldn't need everything that is being built on this development?

This has to present 1874 with an fantastic opportunity, if such a facility is to be developed, and our board must seek to establish with Cheshire FA options that may be available.

Speaking of ladies football there is a match between Nottingham forest and AFC Fylde tonight at 8pm in the women's premier northern division at Moss farm, should be a good one

Speaking of ladies football there is a match between Nottingham forest and AFC Fylde tonight at 8pm in the women's premier northern division at Moss farm, should be a good one
Yes should be, I believe my lad is the ref. Good standard of football will be on show.

In theory a facility like this is a great idea but why limit it to just women's football? Especially when you look at what is going to be put there, I get that women's football is evolving but surely they wouldn't need everything that is being built on this development?

Cheshire FA’s twitter replied to someone saying that the new facility won’t be exclusive to women’s football, so it doesn’t rule us out, but it’s not clear as to who else they are planning on letting use what’s on offer.

Very interesting. We need to be looking into this. A great opportunity.

Just wondered WHY is this game being played in Northwich.
There is some sort of rule in the league regarding the distance between the two clubs so the matches have to take place roughly half way between one another
the quality of football on show was amazing tonight, Fylde won the game one nil, both teams looked very professional and the attitude was amazing

Where was this 20 years ago when I was still a magician down the wing?!?
No reason why we shouldn't look into this. As Ste said, it may very well be our best bet back into Northwich as fully funding a stadium ourselves will be very tough to say the least.

Back