• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Evostik relegations

richard webb

I Live Here
Aug 7, 2013
Burscough, Goole, Vics and one other will be relegated from the Evostik this year. Burscough will come to the NW, Goole to the NE (I assume) so what happens to the Vics. I see several possibilities:

1. They go to the Midlands,

2. They go to the HSL with Hanley moved to the Midlands or Barlick moved NE or Northern,

3. They go to the Cheshire league (if HSL will not accept their recent off the field activities)

4. They fold (but I think most of us expected them to do that 4 or 5 years ago).

Whatever it will be interesting to see what happens. Of those choices Barlick moving is the one I like the least – I like their food and the idea of a ground with “The Sewer End” stand.

No.2 if they somehow clear 100% of the admin debts otherwise no.4

Barnoldswick I think are the most easterly(?) of clubs currently in the HSL, so that would make logical sense.
Hanley moving to the Midlands league to make space for Burscough and Vics doesn't necessarily solve the problem though, IF Loughborough are the other club relegated, as they would also be a logical candidate for the Midlands League?
Rugby on the other hand (pushing the boundaries somewhat) could be placed in the United Counties, but I think they would be very disappointed with that.
Goole are naturally a good fit for the NECL

Back