• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Euro 2024

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
Reaction score
Any predictions?

Scotland will make it through their group.
England will make the semis.
Portugal dark horses.

Scotland will make it through their group.
England will make the semis.
Portugal dark horses.
Having followed my nation 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 in every single major tournament final they’ve reached since 1974, I wish that I shared your confidence Mark!😳

They never fail to amaze me regarding the number of different ways they make an
absolute horlicks of things! From only beating Zaire 2-0 in 1974 (Yugoslavia pummelled them 9-0 and went through on goal difference) this having drawn 0-0 with reigning. Holders Brazil in the first game to losing both games at Hampden in the last Euros having forced a 0-0 draw with England in the opening match at Wembley. And don’t even get me started about the defensive howler that let Russia score their second goal in 1982 or the failure to beat 10 man Uruguay in 1986!😡

So maybe you will understand my lack of optimism after half a century of crushing disappointment 😢🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Having followed my nation 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 in every single major tournament final they’ve reached since 1974, I wish that I shared your confidence Mark!😳

They never fail to amaze me regarding the number of different ways they make an
absolute horlicks of things! From only beating Zaire 2-0 in 1974 (Yugoslavia pummelled them 9-0 and went through on goal difference) this having drawn 0-0 with reigning. Holders Brazil in the first game to losing both games at Hampden in the last Euros having forced a 0-0 draw with England in the opening match at Wembley. And don’t even get me started about the defensive howler that let Russia score their second goal in 1982 or the failure to beat 10 man Uruguay in 1986!😡

So maybe you will understand my lack of optimism after half a century of crushing disappointment 😢🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
You forgot Peru

And this…

And Iran….

I try not to remember them as it triggers my PTSD!
Oh, and let’s not forget that in the game against the brilliant Dutch side containing the likes of Johan Cruyff, we beat the eventual runners up 3-2, thanks in part to a wonder goal from Archie GemmIll.

But we still went out! 😳😡😢🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

And Euro 96 when The Netherlands scoring to make it 1-4 on the night put them through and Scotland out...

France or Germany to win it for me with Portugal outside chance, think England will do well to get to the quarter finals tbh as we're light in midfield and defence

Nice to see Scotland have hope, before their classic failure & plane home

Bloody hell that was a hard watch

Nice to see Scotland have hope, before their classic failure & plane home
That maybe so. But we showed bags of passion, desire and fight last night, backed in the tens of thousands of the most loyal, colourful football fans in the world .

As for the ever over-hyped but woefully underperforming, dull as ditchwater Engerland…..yawn

Reactions: Ben
That maybe so. But we showed bags of passion, desire and fight last night, backed in the tens of thousands of the most loyal, colourful football fans in the world .

As for the ever over-hyped but woefully underperforming, dull as ditchwater Engerland…..yawn
And I also see that the ever loyal Engerland fans gave their side unstinting support during and after the game.

Compare this to the reception that the TA gave their side last Friday even though they’d just seen them eviscerated by Germany.

Attachments

• 21FEBE06-59B7-47F4-860B-2A41D243DC90.jpeg
    21FEBE06-59B7-47F4-860B-2A41D243DC90.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 6
There’s a big difference in expectations in the 2 sides.

England after recent tournaments & with the players they have are among the favourites
Scotland are looking to get out of the group &anything else is a bonus

And the other big difference is that Scotland appear to have a plan

There’s a big difference in expectations in the 2 sides.

England after recent tournaments & with the players they have are among the favourites
Scotland are looking to get out of the group &anything else is a bonus

And the other big difference is that Scotland appear to have a plan
“Among the favourites”. Wot? Just like the famous “Golden Generation”?

That panned out well didn’t it?

Let’s see how your bunch of over-hyped bunch of prima-donnas get on when they have to meet a half decent side eh?
We’ll give it a go. Something the jocks won’t do as you have never got through the group stage at a major tournament. Embarrassing.

Stick to curling or tossing the caber mate 👍

Last edited:
Back