• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Eccleshall updates

Full time 2-0
Dean McGregor with both goals in front of 152

3rd in league now.

Just got back, pretty good performance and could have been more but for some good saves from stuey plant.
The new lad at number 4 looks a really good player and all in all it was a good passing match.
Hopefully we will play as well on Saturday.
Not as many greens as usual but still over 100.

Best performance so far, kept it going for 90 minutes. it was a real team effort. We were complimented on our support, we turned out in very good numbers again on a horrible night, we enjoyed ourselves and were respectful to our hosts. Most friendly club I have ever visited, good luck to them for the rest of the season.

Fair to say I am very proud to be a Northwicher....not said that for a while. :scarf:

Well said Vicki, cheapest away day so far, £4 entrance & £1 programme, happy days. Ground looked a lot better in the flesh than on Google maps :)

Thought Rick Bailey was a welcome addition to the midfield, likes to get stuck in and links up well with the forwards. Much better performance tonight, roll on Chadderton.

Overall the best performance of the league season so far. Still thought we dipped a bit after 20-25 mins though, but definitely picked it up again in the second half with some lovely passing football being played. It could have been a more comprehensive win in the end.

Few points that I thought worked well last night were;
Switching McGregor and Brandon, much more movement up front and made us play into space and feet rather than trying to hit Brandon's head.
Bailey was excellent in midfield getting forward on numerous occasions and yet getting "stuck in"
Very tight at the back with the new lad complementing Paul Bowyer (the flying winger).

Overall a very enjoyable night at a great little ground with some good people. Wish it could have been a Saturday game, the little town looked great with a few pubs to hand!

Roll on Saturday!

Mesmerising display last night, lads kept the pace up for the whole 90 mins, with some wonderful flowing football, everything seemed in place including the communication. After the disappointment of Saturday, they've picked themselves up, dusted themselves down and started all over again.

On a personal note, I would like to see Phil C get more than 15 mins, after last nights wonderful display of pace and determination and two great chances and near misses, I hope he gets a goal soon.

What a FANtastic ground, run by FANtastic people but that pitch is the best kept secret in non league football, a dream pitch to play on, wish we could lift it up and gently place it somewhere in Northwich.

A great performance from the boys last night. Definitely deserved a good win and a clean sheet!

Agree with Tony re. the pitch; it was like a Billiard table! Well looked after and along with a pleasant, homely ground and a great set of volunteers, Eccleshall are a real credit to the NWCFL and non-league football as a whole. Really, really enjoyed last night.

The football was a pleasure to watch, Foy was great in the middle and was really controlling his midfield, Brandon works well on the wing and Peers was onto everything and working really hard throughout the game. Paul Bowyer didn't let anything past him and was getting a head to every high ball he could. McGregor took 2 very good goals and looked very assured throughout the game.

Would definitely agree with Tony on Phil Coffin too, he was an absolute freight train on the wing when he came on! Nobody was going to get in his way and he so nearly got his first league goal for the '74. Its going to come one of these days I'm sure.

I thought that there was a large number of greens there last night (many wearing green shirts would have been hidden under their black hoodies or training jackets or fleeces though!)

I would endorse all the good comments about our hosts last night and their facilities - their club is a credit to the league

Echo above comments. Best performance to date, and a very nice club.

Easily our best performance and another great away following. Some great passing football, well-taken goals from McGregor, solid debut game at the back for the new lad, and Bailey and Peers impressed in midfield. After a shaky start, we're on a real run of form now. Good luck to Eccleshall as well, fantastic club with a nice little ground, super pitch, and some of the best pies I've ever tasted - obviously not better than Birties though!

Last edited:
Back