• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Drill Field etc.

travellingman

Nov 21, 2019
Hello all at Northwich Victoria.
Am asking if any of you can help with a project I am working on.
I own and manage a website about travelling to football matches which has much useful and interesting information.
Alongside this we run some articles on our Facebook pages. The current one we are running is "Football Clubs relegated from the Football League." We give a potted history of their time in the League together with photos etc.
The problem is NV is the third team relegated from the League, and not to return. However, I cannot find anywhere any photos of the Drill Field at the time nor any photos of the team around that time.
So, I am asking whether any of you have same or can point me in the right direction to find elsewhere on the net. If you do have any info I would appreciate an email to [email protected]
If you would like to view the website it is footballcities.co.uk
If you would like to see the first two relegated clubs go to facebook page Football Cities 2

Thanks in advance for your help.

travellingman the Northwich Victoria you ask about was founded 1890.But you are on the wrong website,we are 1874 Northwich and have only been in existence for a few years.

Hi. Apologies it seems as though I have ruffled a few feathers. What does the 1874 mean in 1874 Northwich Victoria? Assumed it was the original club.

In the meantime I have some kind posts from the Facebook page "Lost Football Grounds" and now have some good photos of the 1893 team and the old Drill Field.

Cheers.

All's well that ends well,
Next time you do a piece, say on Arsenal, you should ask for help on the Spurs forum then!!!

Hi. Apologies it seems as though I have ruffled a few feathers. What does the 1874 mean in 1874 Northwich Victoria? Assumed it was the original club.

In the meantime I have some kind posts from the Facebook page "Lost Football Grounds" and now have some good photos of the 1893 team and the old Drill Field.

Cheers.
Our wiki page gives a good history of 1874 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1874_Northwich_F.C.

Back