• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Director Termination

You can have a President of a privately owned football club who has to phone employees to ask them what is going on as the owner wont tell him.

Fortunately it is none of our business.

Reactions: Tez
Can you have a chairman who is not a director?

Everything in Company Law seems to assume that "Chairman" is short for "Chairman of Directors", and as such the Chairman must de facto be a Director. To bore you with the Companies Act 2006, summarised by ukincorp.co.uk ...

The role of the Chairman of a Board of Directors varies depending on numerous factors, including the other positions with the company the Chairman has. The Chairman might be a CEO as well, or the president, or even all three, Chairman, President and CEO. In addition, if the Chairman is a former CEO of the company, perhaps the person who selected the current CEO, the Chairman may play a very powerful role.
Chairmen generally are elected by the Board of Directors and preside at Board meetings and at shareholders' meetings. Chairmen frequently serve as officers of the company as well and in some cases are ex officio members of committees.If the Chairman's only position is "Chairman" and not also CEO, President or some other office, then his main role is to lead meetings of the Board of Directors. The leadership role of the Chairman is also influenced by the size of the company and the composition of the Board. Leadership from the Chairman is more critical where the number of Board members is large or the Board is composed of representatives of multiple interest groups than if the Board is small or homogeneous

So Chair + President = yes, but Chair - Director = no

I wonder if it was an easy decision for Derek to make or was he forced into it. Seems to me that it suits Rushe more than Derek.

I think that Derek together with one or two others are members of the 195k Club and will hang on in the hope that JR comes good.

Meanwhile on the planet Earth!!!

Still no notification from the FA that they have imposed a director ban on Rushe, why is that?
Surely it would be in the best interest of the FA and the football to advertise the fact that their Fit and Proper Person test does actually work. :rolleyes:

Also notice that JRFC official webshit 'The Club' tab still shows Rushe as Chairman http://www.northwichvics.co.uk/index.php/the-club Thought there were FA rules relating to misleading official websites

Re 2nd sentence - where is this idyllic Utopia that you inhabit, Tony? ;)
Re 2nd paragraph - if the Chairman doesn't know what's happenng you surely don't expect the website administrator to know.

In other vaguely related news to lighten the mood a little ...

I see our old chum Mr Bean is winning friends with his associations with Leeds - and 1874 Northwich even get a mention in this context in the following Leeds 'city life' website post from today ...
http://thecitytalking.com/content/2014/8/11/millwall-2-0-leeds-united-preparation-h

Quote from a football agent (that most resepected of professions) in a text message, apparently ...
‘Pathetic old policeman trying to throw his weight around. It doesn’t work without the uniform old man. I will meet you anywhere any time no problem. Don’t ever try to threaten or intimidate me. I’ve seen your waistline.’

Ironic retweet of the day?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-11-22-18-42.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-11-22-18-42.png
    349.4 KB · Views: 26
Football agent (that most resepected of professions) and Mr Bean.

Two peas in the same pod if you ask me.

They deserve one another and seeing this spat is like watching cats fight in a sack.

Connett, Rushe, Agombar at Hereford, Vaughan at Chester (and Barrow!), the guy at Salisbury who no-one seems to know about, and many, many more.

All grasping, self-interested individuals living off our great game because they can as the people in charge aren't strong enough to provide the clear direction and leadership it needs to ensure that worms like these don't propser.

Unfortunately, it stems from the very top - Mr Blatter and his cronies in FIFA. After that, it is just a case of 'Monkey see, monkey do'.

So depressing, but as we at 1874 and others have shown, the good will out!

Where does the "Indian Elvis" as advertised the the JRFC Facebook page fit into all of this?

Is this JR in another guise and having another "cunning plan" or is the plan to "deny everything Baldrick"

With apologies to Blackadder.

Back