• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Cup Final Venues

How can they play the final at Runcorn Town - it’s their home ground ?
Surely they should pick a neutral ground as it’s a big advantage to Runcorn

I'd guess the likes of Altrincham etc. don't want us at this time of the season.

And given the current restrictions I'm not sure we could even play there as they are class as Elite sport & aren't allowed fans.

Even if we can play at an NPL ground would that be capped at 300 as that's our level, or at the 600 that they are allowed?
I'm sure it will become clearer over the next week.

I get that we might not be able to play at Alty etc, but it’s Runcorns home ground
they could use Linnets, Warrington , Rylands, Congleton there are loads of options
again it’s poor organisation from NW Counties

As I understand it it was either going to be at our ground or Runcorn Town, guessing it was decided by the toss of a coin, so can't really complain about the venue..... I do fear many of our supporters will miss out though!

Unfortunate, but that's the world we are currently living in...

Think you are right Simon and hope its season ticket holders first for tickets, not going to be enough unless Runcorn can't sell theirs.

I get that we might not be able to play at Alty etc, but it’s Runcorns home ground
they could use Linnets, Warrington , Rylands, Congleton there are loads of options
again it’s poor organisation from NW Counties
What about the Halton Stadium at Widnes. No football or rugby that Saturday and would be no problems with social distancing in a ground of that size and capacity. FA Vase final is going to be played at Wembley in front of fans and that is an step 5 game the same as ours is, so precedent has been set by the FA

Back