• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Cummings, Johnson and this whole shit show

Status
Not open for further replies.
from cheese speeches to trade deals - didn't hold her back. Like I said, don't underestimate the women
Well her job is to strike trade deals!

And let’s not forget for one moment that whatever ‘deal’ is eventually agreed, it will i) never make up for the trade that we will lose to the EU ii) will be pretty similar in all respects to the deal we had with Australia when we were members of the EU.

Maybe she is the dairy product equivalent to John ‘Our Fish’ Deadwood? ???

Thank you for answering my straight question with a straight answer.

So if not Johnson (and Starmer either!?) who from the Tory party would you wish to see succeed him ?

Reason I ask is that the Tories are brutal when it comes to ditching their leader if they are seen to be a lame duck or an electoral liability (as I suspect Johnson will increasingly be as the revelations from Cummings come out).

Gove? He’s even shiftier than Johnson and has a few ‘skeletons in the cupboard’ (allegedly!)

Patel the bully?

Sunak?

Rees-Smug?

Well her job is to strike trade deals!

And let’s not forget for one moment that whatever ‘deal’ is eventually agreed, it will i) never make up for the trade that we will lose to the EU ii) will be pretty similar in all respects to the deal we had with Australia when we were members of the EU.

Maybe she is the dairy product equivalent to John ‘Our Fish’ Deadwood? ???
But wasn't one of Remain's great threats that we would never be able to replicate all those EU deals for years as we didn't have skills etc? Oh guess what a few months in and most of them are rolled over with a few enhancements along the way. As for losing trade with the EU, that's debateable and the overall economic impact is minimal. All the financial benchmarks are at decent levels, so hence there's nothing in the news apart from the NI protocol and fishing complaints from both sides of the channel.

With all these things its not a case of what was said, or not, but how it was said, what was the context and what was the true meaning of what was said.

I don't believe that any politician, from any side of the house, would willfully and meaningfully declare that they were prepared to see bodies piled up in the streets in order to meet their preferred aims or outcomes. It's quite preposterous. It would just absolutely never happen in any circumstances

With all these things its not a case of what was said, or not, but how it was said, what was the context and what was the true meaning of what was said.

I don't believe that any politician, from any side of the house, would willfully and meaningfully declare that they were prepared to see bodies piled up in the streets in order to meet their preferred aims or outcomes. It's quite preposterous. It would just absolutely never happen in any circumstances
But that is the point. Johnson is not like any other politician in my lifetime. In his whole life, his view had been that rules don’t apply to him - it is the culture of entitlement and arrogance that pervades him and his ilk

Oh, and whilst we are here, remember this? Another Johnson tactless, ill thought out comment that had significant implications for Mrs Zahari-Ratcliffe. Then he pops up yesterday with his usual bluster and bulls**t saying that the government are doing everything they can to get her released.

But that is the point. Johnson is not like any other politician in my lifetime. In his whole life, his view had been that rules don’t apply to him - it is the culture of entitlement and arrogance that pervades him and his ilk

Oh, and whilst we are here, remember this? Another Johnson tactless, ill thought out comment that had significant implications for Mrs Zahari-Ratcliffe. Then he pops up yesterday with his usual bluster and bulls**t saying that the government are doing everything they can to get her released.
James - nothing that Boris Johnson has said at any time, in any way justifies the treatment of Zahari Ratcliffe or the addition of a further year's goal sentence. It's abhorrent and quite clear that she is being used as a political pawn in the fight for £400m (?) that the UK allegedly owes Iran dating back to days of the Shah.

???????????

Oh my, oh my!

Your ironic sense of humour never fails to amuse me!?
I’ve been reflecting on the ESL fiasco and IMHO the most amazing fact about the whole sorry mess was that Spurs were deemed an ‘elite’ European club.

Then again, Gavin Williamson has somehow made it into the cabinet without displaying any discernible talent or ability.

Face with tears of joy

Shushing face

Winking face

1619565230193.jpeg

I’ve been reflecting on the ESL fiasco and IMHO the most amazing fact about the whole sorry mess was that Spurs were deemed an ‘elite’ European club.

Then again, Gavin Williamson has somehow made it into the cabinet without displaying any discernible talent or ability.

Face with tears of joy

Shushing face

Winking face
Another example of how incredibly stupid key members of our government are. It really does beggar belief how they get elected.

?????

Another example of how incredibly stupid key members of our government are. It really does beggar belief how they get elected.

?????
And stupid people forget to post the link! ??

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

At PMQs yesterday Johnson had an ideal opportunity to answer all the questions put to him by Kier Starmer and put this issue to bed (hopefully one that he and Carrie actually paid for themselves)?

But as is always the case, rather than providing a straight answer he side-stepped and evaded them, blustered and acted like a spoilt child who had been told off and was having a strop.

But there are more questions to answer, as SKY have pointed out.

At PMQs yesterday Johnson had an ideal opportunity to answer all the questions put to him by Kier Starmer and put this issue to bed (hopefully one that he and Carrie actually paid for themselves)?

But as is always the case, rather than providing a straight answer he side-stepped and evaded them, blustered and acted like a spoilt child who had been told off and was having a strop.

But there are more questions to answer, as SKY have pointed out.
Nadhim Zahawi is on Today talking about issues of “propriety” and defending Boris Johnson on his behaviour.

Yes, that’s him. The Minister who paid for the heating bill to his stable block from his MPs expenses claim.

#youjustcouldntmskethisstuffup

Oh, and let’s not forget that nice Priti Patel...

Yes, that Priti Patel, the current Home Secretary, who was found guilty of breaching the ministerial code which would normally be a resigning matter. But because Johnson is the ultimate arbiter of such matters, she remains in post despite being found guilty of being a bully.

So a government that condones lying and bullying ?. What message does that send out to our young people?

Another example of our caring government. Withdrawing unilaterally from commitments they have previously given to partner organisations

And in the same vein...

Fresh, clean water should be a right for everyone on this earth. It is an absolute basic necessity. But these vile bastards would rather give £ to their mates than continue this vital funding

Yes, that Priti Patel, the current Home Secretary, who was found guilty of breaching the ministerial code which would normally be a resigning matter. But because Johnson is the ultimate arbiter of such matters, she remains in post despite being found guilty of being a bully.

So a government that condones lying and bullying ?. What message does that send out to our young people?
More lies from Johnson....

.....do we expect anything else nowadays? If you asked him the time he’d probably lie about that too!

Another example of our caring government. Withdrawing unilaterally from commitments they have previously given to partner organisations

And now their uncaring attitude turns onto people in the U.K. whom, through no fault of their own face financial ruin and maybe even becoming homeless, never the ongoing risks and worries that living in such properties create.

Bastards all of them who voted against changes to the Fire Safety Bill. Name and shame them.

Personally, I think that cuts to foreign aid budgets in the pandemic are justified. Some may disagree, but I suspect there's many across all the electorate that don't.

Funny how nobody gives a toss about the billions being spent on aid and the British are treated like lepers of the world - until we stop paying the bills and then there's a hue and cry about it !

Not sure how the priorities were decided, given that we have consistently been told that £billions have been misspent on aid projects, so it would be good to know what is being supported alongside what now isn't - and how decisions were made, by whom, to cut whole programmes rather than salami cuts across the whole portfolio. I suspect there's more than a slice of mischief making here.

And now their uncaring attitude turns onto people in the U.K. whom, through no fault of their own face financial ruin and maybe even becoming homeless, never the ongoing risks and worries that living in such properties create.

Bastards all of them who voted against changes to the Fire Safety Bill. Name and shame them.
So who is blaming the French company that made the Grenfell cladding and who knew the cladding was a fire risk and who refused to give evidence at the Grenfell enquiry? As far as I am aware the government has committed £millions to helping those affected by the cladding issues and also want the freeholders to step up and take on some of the burden. Why is it the whole issue has to be resolved at tax payers expense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back